Dior date codes and authenticity cards

I’m a newbie in the world of Dior. I have a date code which says 34-MA-1024 is it right to say this bag is from December of 2004? I hope someone correct me if I’m wrong. I’m trying to learn one thing from Dior. Let me know If I am not learning right.

Hi everyone, i'm new to the world of bag. I've currently bought a vintage saddle bag, the authenticate card said that it was purchased on 2010, but the date code, according to the above instruction, said that it was made in Jan 2006 (0016). The bag has been authenticated by Vestiaire Collective.
Is it possible to purchase in store, a 4 years old bag? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i'm new to the world of bag. I've currently bought a vintage saddle bag, the authenticate card said that it was purchased on 2010, but the date code, according to the above instruction, said that it was made in Jan 2006 (0016). The bag has been authenticated by Vestiaire Collective.
Is it possible to purchase in store, a 4 years old bag? Thanks
It is possible, although I would get it authenticated here as well: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-dior.924508/unread

Hi everyone! I notice people know how to read the last for digits a lot.
Can someone tell me how to read the first two digit-two letter- of the bag? if the serial number read 2017, should the receipt match the year? Is it possible for seller receipt to show recent year like 2019 and the bag read year 2017?

Hi everyone! I notice people know how to read the last for digits a lot.
Can someone tell me how to read the first two digit-two letter- of the bag? if the serial number read 2017, should the receipt match the year? Is it possible for seller receipt to show recent year like 2019 and the bag read year 2017?
I don't know how to read the first 2 digits, but it is possible for the purchase date to be 2 years after the bag was made. Not all bags sell out the year they are made.

If the receipt shows 2017 and the bag was made in 2019, then you have a problem.

That being said, this doesn't mean that the bag in question is necessarily authentic. Please post the item with lots of pictures if you wish to have it authenticated on the following thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-dior.924508/unread

Reactions: PetiteAsian
I don't know how to read the first 2 digits, but it is possible for the purchase date to be 2 years after the bag was made. Not all bags sell out the year they are made

If the receipt shows 2017 and the bag was made in 2019, then you have a problem.
That being said, this doesn't mean that the bag in question is necessarily authentic. Please post the item with lots of pictures if you wish to have it authenticated on the following thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-dior.924508/unread

Thanks! I was curious because the bag was brought from the dior boutique store. They didn’t have much of the style left when I bought it and didn’t check the tag until later.

Reactions: averagejoe