Dior Date Code Questions

graham

'Will Work For Bags'
O.G.
Aug 26, 2010
Hello all,

While I have a pretty good grasp on date codes/serial number for other brands ie: LV, Chanel, Hermes, Dior continues to elude me. For example the first two numbers, do they stand for the month or year? The next set of characters, two letters, I assume are the factory??? And lastly the 4 digit sequence would be the production lot or number in lot?

Any clarification/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

New to the forum - Graham

I won't go into to much detail but here are the basics

The first letters represent the Material Code

CAL = Cannage Leather
VRB/VRK = Patent

P = Silver
O = Light Gold
G = Gold

The last 3 digits are the color codes

900 = Noir(Black) and anything "Black" will fall under the 900 category.

Last edited:
Err, I think Graham was referring to the production code stamped into leather goods, not the SKU/product reference.

Graham, if you do a search on the forum you should be able to find this out. I would prefer not to answer this kind of question anymore as we don't want to educate would-be counterfeiters who might be lurking on the hallmarks of an authentic Dior product. :nogood:

Reactions: OrangeDino
eminere™;17124601 said:
Err, I think Graham was referring to the production code stamped into leather goods, not the SKU/product reference.

Graham, if you do a search on the forum you should be able to find this out. I would prefer not to answer this kind of question anymore as we don't want to educate would-be counterfeiters who might be lurking on the hallmarks of an authentic Dior product. :nogood:

Very good point, thank you!

eminere™;17124601 said:

Did this ever get answered? I'm looking at one online and I want to understand the stamped codes.

yes this was already answered by eminere above