Dior Customer Service in Paris

Beg4Bags

Jun 15, 2013
Hello All!
I have a question about customer service in Paris, I purchased a bag and one stitch came lose at the end,it's very small but if I cut it I will notice there's no stitching there, if I don't, you can tell there's a fuzz there. I know my SA at my hometown would exchange it in an instant but will Dior in a Paris Boutique do the same? It's been 4 days since I've purchased the bag and I have carried it once. Sorry I don't have a picture. Please help, I will only be in Paris for a few more days! Thanks in advance!!

Hello All!
I have a question about customer service in Paris, I purchased a bag and one stitch came lose at the end,it's very small but if I cut it I will notice there's no stitching there, if I don't, you can tell there's a fuzz there. I know my SA at my hometown would exchange it in an instant but will Dior in a Paris Boutique do the same? It's been 4 days since I've purchased the bag and I have carried it once. Sorry I don't have a picture. Please help, I will only be in Paris for a few more days! Thanks in advance!!

Bring the bag to the boutique and they may either switch it for you, or they can tuck the stitching in. I had that happen once and they repaired it quickly.

which store in Paris? rue Royale or the Avenue Montaigne?
based on experience, talking on the phone will be much more confusing than explaining it face-to-face to them. try speaking to the same person that served you or anyone that speaks good English in the store. I am sure they are available in either location.

Most of the SAs, if not all, now speak English, and all luxury brands even hire staff that speaks mandarin to cater to the China market.

As anonserg mentioned above, be confident, speak politely but firmly. I would suggest bringing the bag in the whole package including the box (instead of carrying it on you) and receipt back to the same store you purchased the bag from. Explain to them you have used it but was disappointed with the workmanship. Dior has wonderful customer service and as long as there are no signs of abuse on the bag, they will not send you away.

I have a question about buying dior bag. I just returned from Paris after purchasing a Lady Dior. I had to buy at the airport because we don't have dior shop in Ireland. I viewed the bag and was paying for the bag and the sa went to the backroom to package it for me. I was kind of rushing as I had kids with me so took my bag very happily and made my way to my terminal. When I got sitting down I looked in the bag and my lady dior was just in a dust bag with no box. The bag was rectangular so I just presumed it was in a box
I was disappointed as I have bought chanel bags with boxes. Am I right to feel disappointed that it wasn't packaged correctly? I see all the lovely reveals here with boxes etc and feel mine was just thrown in a bag because I wasn't able to see.

I have a question about buying dior bag. I just returned from Paris after purchasing a Lady Dior. I had to buy at the airport because we don't have dior shop in Ireland. I viewed the bag and was paying for the bag and the sa went to the backroom to package it for me. I was kind of rushing as I had kids with me so took my bag very happily and made my way to my terminal. When I got sitting down I looked in the bag and my lady dior was just in a dust bag with no box. The bag was rectangular so I just presumed it was in a box
I was disappointed as I have bought chanel bags with boxes. Am I right to feel disappointed that it wasn't packaged correctly? I see all the lovely reveals here with boxes etc and feel mine was just thrown in a bag because I wasn't able to see.

I'm sorry to hear that the level of customer service was not as you had expected. I am not sure what Dior's protocol is. My experience so far is that when I have bags shipped to me I can expect the bags are sent in the white Dior boxes. However, when I pick up a bag from the store the SA typical stuffs the bag in a dust bag then in a shopping bag. I learned to specifically ask for a Dior box after seeing this happen.

I was advised by a Dior SA that they do not typically send a box home with the bag because it is discouraged to store handbags in boxes. My SA further informs me that leather should be allowed to breathe otherwise the leather's color may alter or the texture may become dry or moldy depending on your location's general climate.

Perhaps other folks here can share their experience or confirm/dispute my SA's claim.

Even with Dior, it's a grey area when it comes to standard of packaging for every store worldwide. I noticed that the Ave Montaigne store expectably is the most consistent in packaging purchases nicely always in a box. Earlier encounters with my local store in London was the opposite and I was told that they will only put them in boxes by request. Now that they know my expectations they will always put it in a box for me. The same happened to me in many other locations so I learned to always ask for them boxes unless I don't want it.

I totally understand how you feel but if it's any consolation try ask for one if you are visiting any Dior store soon. I know my mom asked for a box at a store here for a purchase she made somewhere else but the SAs have known her for a while but perhaps with a recent proof of purchase it will help?

Thanks anonserg and purse_gaga. I was disappointed because my chanels all have lovely boxes and look so presentable and my dior was just in a dust bag. But if dior don't always give out boxes because of storage to let the leather breathe that makes more sense to me. I thought it was because I wasn't watching and they just packaged it quickly. Thanks for explaining.

Thanks anonserg and purse_gaga. I was disappointed because my chanels all have lovely boxes and look so presentable and my dior was just in a dust bag. But if dior don't always give out boxes because of storage to let the leather breathe that makes more sense to me. I thought it was because I wasn't watching and they just packaged it quickly. Thanks for explaining.

I just got a dior but it was shipped to me so it came in the box but I have been told by Chanel and lv sa's not to put the bags in box when storing because they need to breathe. When I purchased my artsy empirente I didn't take a box

I would call the location you purchased it from and ask. I did receive mines in a box (even though it broke in my luggage flying back home). They may be able to ship you the box, if all else fails I would contact customer service. For that much money you should get a box whether you choose to store it in the box or not.