dior choker necklace autumn 2017....gold or silver?

rinoako

May 11, 2014
hi!
i need help deciding whether to get gold or silver for the new collection chain choker necklace with the crystals!
i know the gold picture is of a bracelet but the necklace isnt in yet and all they have is the bracelet and thse photos are what my SA sent me!
i want both but honestly they are tooo exp as for both i can buy a lady dior!
i need to decide asap as i have the silver reserved (the gold is comign later) and if i dont want the silver there is a waiting list for it!
my SA recommends the silver is easier to match and looks better with the crystals
at first i planned on getting the gold but i do agree that it look better without the crystals than with as the crystals look silvery, but im not sure >_<
my friends tell me silver is easier to match with everyday clothes (work dresses, casual wear, yoga pants) and i do agree but i just cant 100% make up my mind! what do u all think?S__4997222.jpg View attachment 3714645 View attachment 3714646 S__4997366.jpg S__4997381.jpg View attachment 3714649

Last edited:
ive just noticed now that the pictures are super zoomed in on my computer screen rather than my phone that the area where the gold chain meets the crystal JADIOR shows a distinct difference in the gold plating and the dark metal....and the silver doesnt....makes it look a bit untidy? unfinished? not sure!

ive just noticed now that the pictures are super zoomed in on my computer screen rather than my phone that the area where the gold chain meets the crystal JADIOR shows a distinct difference in the gold plating and the dark metal....and the silver doesnt....makes it look a bit untidy? unfinished? not sure!
I prefer the silver! What do these retail for?

I actually like the gold more. Personally I like the J'ADIOR motif more than the DIOR one because I think it's a bit more clever in terms of a play on words (a play on an iconic Dior slogan). The gold is antiqued which is why there is a darker area and lighter areas, The darker areas are meant to look less pronounced while the brighter areas are accentuated. I also think the crystals stand out more on the gold version.

Thanks for all your input! I was psyched into getting the silver as my sa told me that a hugggeeely famous celebrity was next in line for silver if i didnt want it, as only two came in and the first one sold within the hour. So i took it first! I then went home, tried it on, compared it with my clothes
Then decided it was a little bit gunmetal and dark for my taste and told them i wld like to wait for the gold! The next day that superstar i spoke of was waiting for me to return it so she could take it (still feeling a bit starstruck about that hahaha)
So now the gold has arrived in the boutique and i can go pick it up whenever im free!
Superexcited and not regretting my choice!!
Here r some pics for reference!
The pics in which i am holding the two in comparison are actually the bracelet version, not the necklace (i wanted to see how the colors looked so i asked the sa to bring the bracelet for comparison when the gold choker hadnt arrived)

F954EF40-474F-4FE4-9D34-2A08826FCD34.jpg IMG_9220.JPG IMG_9190.JPG

Thanks for all your input! I was psyched into getting the silver as my sa told me that a hugggeeely famous celebrity was next in line for silver if i didnt want it, as only two came in and the first one sold within the hour. So i took it first! I then went home, tried it on, compared it with my clothes
Then decided it was a little bit gunmetal and dark for my taste and told them i wld like to wait for the gold! The next day that superstar i spoke of was waiting for me to return it so she could take it (still feeling a bit starstruck about that hahaha)
So now the gold has arrived in the boutique and i can go pick it up whenever im free!
Superexcited and not regretting my choice!!
Here r some pics for reference!
The pics in which i am holding the two in comparison are actually the bracelet version, not the necklace (i wanted to see how the colors looked so i asked the sa to bring the bracelet for comparison when the gold choker hadnt arrived)

View attachment 3718473 View attachment 3718472 View attachment 3718471
Can't wait to see pictures of the gold on you!

I am curious which celebrity you bumped into!!! Must've been one of those moments you'll never forget!

have worn the gold several times now but havetn taken a photo yet!
actually its not a worldwide superstar but a superstar here in my country so most of you probbaly wont konw who it is hehehe

i have been on a roll lately
the chokers are tooo die for
in a month ive bought this gold choker, the jadior and dior crystal choker on velvet, teh silker dior choker on the ribbon, and the crystal necklace taht so many of the models including j law wore with the dior chokers! a bit choker crazy!!
will post pics!

have worn the gold several times now but havetn taken a photo yet!
actually its not a worldwide superstar but a superstar here in my country so most of you probbaly wont konw who it is hehehe

i have been on a roll lately
the chokers are tooo die for
in a month ive bought this gold choker, the jadior and dior crystal choker on velvet, teh silker dior choker on the ribbon, and the crystal necklace taht so many of the models including j law wore with the dior chokers! a bit choker crazy!!
will post pics!
WOW! Can't wait for your pictures!!!