Dior Chat Thread

Hi all,

I recently bought the DIOR CARO ZIPPED POUCH WITH CHAIN with Black Macrocannage Calfskin with Diamond Motif from Lafayette Paris. I haven't use it yet, but my friend told me today that other people are having terrible wear on Diamond Motif with other bags. Below are some pictures from Redbook/Chinese IG.

Are you having the same issue if you purchase something with diamond motif leather? I am debating if I want to return it altogether, but I don't think Dior US will let me return it. I also don't think Dior won't let me do an exchange for the Black Supple Cannage Calfskin.

View attachment 5419508

View attachment 5419509

Ouhh dear! I’m concerned after seeing your post just got the same design in Rose Des Vents colour recently. Haven’t used it yet so couldn’t answer your question… Did you manage to do any exchange/return?

Has anyone seen/heard about the Dior mini saddle being re-released with an additional long strap??
Saw someone post it on Instagram (credit sparkle_shoptw_new) with these images. Does anyone own one or have any intel??? I love the lilac and hope it comes to Europe:heart:

Attachments

• F0754E76-4913-4DA7-BD4E-F82448362AAB.jpeg
    F0754E76-4913-4DA7-BD4E-F82448362AAB.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 44
Has anyone seen/heard about the Dior mini saddle being re-released with an additional long strap??
Saw someone post it on Instagram (credit sparkle_shoptw_new) with these images. Does anyone own one or have any intel??? I love the lilac and hope it comes to Europe:heart:

Just saw that they released a mini saddle in pink with a strap on their website :heart:
However, it's more expensive than most of the medium ones :sad:

Screenshot_20220721-211032_Chrome.jpg

I'm obsessed with the book totes from the new Jardin d'Hive collection, but in a bit of timing dilemma and would appreciate any insight!

I'm traveling to Italy in late September/early October for my honeymoon and had meant to purchase the tote while was traveling (considering the USD/EUR exchange rate these days and the added benefit of a VAT refund). Would it be foolish to wait till then to purchase? I wasn't sure how long these seasonal items stay available and whether I should be pushing my luck.

I'm obsessed with the book totes from the new Jardin d'Hive collection, but in a bit of timing dilemma and would appreciate any insight!

I'm traveling to Italy in late September/early October for my honeymoon and had meant to purchase the tote while was traveling (considering the USD/EUR exchange rate these days and the added benefit of a VAT refund). Would it be foolish to wait till then to purchase? I wasn't sure how long these seasonal items stay available and whether I should be pushing my luck.
I would not wait, only because I found the selection and availability of items in Italy were scarce when I went back in April. My lovely SA had to track down different items and ask to see if they were willing to transfer items to Milan. If it's late in the season, they may be sold out already.

Hello everyone! I need an advice, I'd like to buy my first Dior ever! What do you think about the lady dior small my abc? I tried it today and I feel in love, but I've purchased a Chanel jumbo and a cf medium just one and two months ago, and I would feel a little bit guilty buying another high priced bag now! I'd like to wait at least another month, so I'd be in peace with myself :graucho: I have time to read a lot of treads about this bag, but I'd like to know your opinions too. What about quality? Have you ever had any problems with this bag? Thanks! :love:

Reactions: CAcker01
Hello Dior aficionado’s!!!

Please help me…to keep or to sell? I rarely use it because I don’t remember to. It’s quite roomy and it’s great as a crossbody.

But I’m also more of a Chanel person.

Would love any opinions I don’t want to sell and then regret it.

8779EB52-0055-4621-B819-DD8A56352904.jpeg

FB531136-39C8-4EBF-A328-845D7F6A4900.jpeg

Hello Dior aficionado’s!!!

Please help me…to keep or to sell? I rarely use it because I don’t remember to. It’s quite roomy and it’s great as a crossbody.

But I’m also more of a Chanel person.

Would love any opinions I don’t want to sell and then regret it.

View attachment 5581349

View attachment 5581350
If you don't use it often, and are more into Chanel, then sell this and put the funds towards a Chanel. This bag does not have a high resale value, though, as it has been discontinued for a while now.

If you don't use it often, and are more into Chanel, then sell this and put the funds towards a Chanel. This bag does not have a high resale value, though, as it has been discontinued for a while now.

Thanks @averagejoe! I know resale on this is low. It’s hard to know whether I would sell it and then regret it. I bought it as the creative directors first design as I was so excited about her pieces. It’s my only Dior.

But, maybe if I really want a Dior in my collection likely a lady Dior would serve as a better fit.

I don’t resell a lot and I take a lot of time before making a purchase so it’s harder for me to make this kind of decision. Thanks for any insight.

Hello!

Hope you are all doing well.
I’ll be traveling to Europe next month and hoping to get a Dior Saddle since it’s less expensive over there but torn between colors and one of the colors comes with a strap included.

I’m really leaning towards the black since I think I will be able to use it more both day and night, casual or dressy but it doesn’t come with the strap included.
I was hoping you guys can help me decide, especially if you own the bag in the colors.

Either color/option I will purchase the an additional strap as I feel it changes the look of the bag.

Option A: Black Grained Saddle Bag

Option B: Hazelnut Grained Saddle Bag-NEW one that comes already with an adjustable strap.

Thanks in advance for the help!

4CFA080D-4AF0-4818-BEAC-36536E31AB77.png

CBED36C4-4A2B-48BD-8B77-DAE434AFAFCC.jpeg

BFECC97F-D48E-43E7-B9B5-31BEA2AB6435.jpeg

Hello!

Hope you are all doing well.
I’ll be traveling to Europe next month and hoping to get a Dior Saddle since it’s less expensive over there but torn between colors and one of the colors comes with a strap included.

I’m really leaning towards the black since I think I will be able to use it more both day and night, casual or dressy but it doesn’t come with the strap included.
I was hoping you guys can help me decide, especially if you own the bag in the colors.

Either color/option I will purchase the an additional strap as I feel it changes the look of the bag.

Option A: Black Grained Saddle Bag

Option B: Hazelnut Grained Saddle Bag-NEW one that comes already with an adjustable strap.

Thanks in advance for the help!

View attachment 5587016

View attachment 5587017

View attachment 5587018
Since you will go for the strap separately anyway, then I suggest the black. The Hazelnut one costs more because of the leather strap, and it seems like you would probably use it more with the fabric strap.