Dior Chat Thread

The artist David Begbie is collaborating with dior to create an art installation (we are big fans and will have an older Begbie wire mesh torso in our new place)
For those that don’t want to click on the link, (this release is out out by Begbie) here is some info

Shown above are my iconic Christian Dior Medallion chairs and table, sculpted in gold-leaf painted stainless steelmesh. Located at 30 Montaigne, the DIOR building has been the birthplace of Dior collections since 1946 and this new look refurbishment has been transformed into a new level of luxury with additional facilities. I am pleased to have been commissioned to create a series of unique artworks for this exciting and prestigious project:

30 Montaigne windows
The vitrines, showcasing the magic of the House’s savoir-faire

"Precious three-dimensional expressions of a sketch, which then give life to the haute couture models; a subtle synergy of transparencies and light enhanced all the more by a delicate silver and gold mesh made entirely by hand."

I tried on the blue 30 Montaigne w/ a chain a few months ago and it looked like it was made for me. Fit so well with the outfit I was wearing and matched my overall vibe. I can't forget about it :sad: If I wanted, I could get it but I'm in the middle of a huge life change so I decided to wait just in case everything falls apart. Please wish me luck... I need the 30 in my life...

Guys.. I hate to nag about small things but can this be easily fixed by Dior?
It’s in the top corner of the back, only noticeable when looking for it. The thread is not completely loose (out) just a bit loose forming a loop.
My SA had to order the bag from another country because it’s out of stock and I would hate to take the risk and hassle of ordering another only for it to have another major flaw. This bag is prefect otherwise.
Advice please?

534B17CF-F9C3-44E0-B1FF-BE8D93D49CC3.jpeg4E892FBE-3C21-4D1D-8D41-BA827D42CFF6.jpeg

Not sure if this is allowed in this thread, but I couldn’t find any other thread for this.

Does anyone have a Dior SA they can recommend in San Francisco or Silicon Valley? My old SF SA left a while ago and the new one I have from Valley Fair in San Jose isn’t the best at helping me purchase/ is leaving Dior. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

Not sure if this is allowed in this thread, but I couldn’t find any other thread for this.

Does anyone have a Dior SA they can recommend in San Francisco or Silicon Valley? My old SF SA left a while ago and the new one I have from Valley Fair in San Jose isn’t the best at helping me purchase/ is leaving Dior. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!
Pm me. I know someone from the SF boutique.

Hi all,

I recently bought the DIOR CARO ZIPPED POUCH WITH CHAIN with Black Macrocannage Calfskin with Diamond Motif from Lafayette Paris. I haven't use it yet, but my friend told me today that other people are having terrible wear on Diamond Motif with other bags. Below are some pictures from Redbook/Chinese IG.

Are you having the same issue if you purchase something with diamond motif leather? I am debating if I want to return it altogether, but I don't think Dior US will let me return it. I also don't think Dior won't let me do an exchange for the Black Supple Cannage Calfskin.

1654483897152.png

1654483918005.png

does anyone know if mitzahs are included in the usual dior price increases? i was hoping to wait for the holiday packaging (cause its gorgeous!) but don't want to pay more for it just for the bag.. lol

also any shots of the toile de jouy sauvage mitzah in ivory and navy? im in love with the print :love:

Hi all,

I recently bought the DIOR CARO ZIPPED POUCH WITH CHAIN with Black Macrocannage Calfskin with Diamond Motif from Lafayette Paris. I haven't use it yet, but my friend told me today that other people are having terrible wear on Diamond Motif with other bags. Below are some pictures from Redbook/Chinese IG.

Are you having the same issue if you purchase something with diamond motif leather? I am debating if I want to return it altogether, but I don't think Dior US will let me return it. I also don't think Dior won't let me do an exchange for the Black Supple Cannage Calfskin.

View attachment 5419508

View attachment 5419509
That looks terrible! Looks like a coating is peeling off the leather in the spots that get rubbed the most.

I don't think this will happen to all of the items in this line. It depends on how the item is used. I'm assuming that the wear shows up most where the bag is rubbed against clothes.

If this happens to yours, then bring it back to Dior and see if they can replace it for you with a different item. Years ago, Dior had a similar problem with their metallic perforated micro-Cannage leather and Dior replaced the item or provided store credit in most cases.

Reactions: baby225
How did everybody feel about the Cruise show?? I loved it, though I wish there was more emphasis on the fashion itself. Was a little tough to look at everything via the video. It also has to be one of my favorite MGC collections.

How did everybody feel about the Cruise show?? I loved it, though I wish there was more emphasis on the fashion itself. Was a little tough to look at everything via the video. It also has to be one of my favorite MGC collections.
Wanted to love it. Seemed overly produced. Too much emphasis on dancers and the orchestra. The models were (IMO) very far away from the cameras and it was outside at night. :confused1: Couldn't see many details and barely could identify the bags, shoes, and other accessories.

I usually love, Love LOVE Dior shows but not this one. Didn't make it to the of the video.

Reactions: LuckyLady999
Wanted to love it. Seemed overly produced. Too much emphasis on dancers and the orchestra. The models were (IMO) very far away from the cameras and it was outside at night. :confused1: Couldn't see many details and barely could identify the bags, shoes, and other accessories.

I usually love, Love LOVE Dior shows but not this one. Didn't make it to the of the video.
I think somebody needs to calculate how much time was spent solely focusing on the dancers and the solo violinist, right lol

• Haha
Reactions: amelrod1
New Dior fall campaign (from WWD):
FASHION-FW22_440x285_DP3_Without-Text.jpg
FASHION-FW22_440x285_DP1_Without-Text.jpg
FASHION-FW22_440x285_DP2_Without-Text.jpg