Dior Chat Thread

hello,

I just received my ABCLady Dior bag in pink. What a beautiful and well made bag ! But just not for me and my lifestyle. I am 28 yo mother of 1 year baby boy and don’t baby my bags at all. I wanted to wear my Lady Dior as an every day bag as I’m not en « event » person. But ok it’s impossible because this bag is not practical at all. I’m in love with Dior bags and I’m going to sell my Lady Dior to buy another one. But what Dior bag can be wear as en every day bag ? I love the Saddle but heard that it’s not practical at all so don’t wan’t to make the same mistake twice. So what do you think ? Bobby ? 30 Montaigne ? Other ?

thank for your help

View attachment 5192020
For me, with young kids I would like a crossbody bag, and bigger bag that can fit more (a pack of wipe, small snack, along with other essential). And with a zipper closure that for me make the bag truly carefree.
I would recommend this one.
Although it's for men but I actually try it on I do like it. The reason I don't get it at the end is my kid is older now so I can actually "downsize" my bag, and I also want to save up for Chanel or LD.

Reactions: luciechic
For me, with young kids I would like a crossbody bag, and bigger bag that can fit more (a pack of wipe, small snack, along with other essential). And with a zipper closure that for me make the bag truly carefree.
I would recommend this one.
Although it's for men but I actually try it on I do like it. The reason I don't get it at the end is my kid is older now so I can actually "downsize" my bag, and I also want to save up for Chanel or LD.

Thank you for your answer. The bag is nice but doesn't make my heart sing and I'm not a big fan of Dior Jacquard. I think it's just "it" for now but in several years it will look outdated. In addition it's raining a lot in my country. I prefer to use a leather bag. Maybe it's not a Dior Bag that I need (even I desperately want one). I'm also considering a nano luggage as it's a very confortable and practical bag. So I'm lost ! but thanks for helping me

I like the 30 Montaigne too, especially on the colour you wear on the photo. My heart says "go for the 30 montaigne" and my brain says "go for bobby because you have so much rectangular bag". And my concern with these two bags are about the leather. it's seem to be scratching easily and as I said, I Don't baby my bags.

My others bags that I'm wearing every day are LV Monogram Leather Metis Pochette, LV Epi Leather Alma BB, Small YSL Loulou and Medium Sunset YSL so lot of rectangular bags.

Sometimes I say to myself that I should keep my LD because it's such an iconic and beautiful bag and other moments I say that I need to sell it because a bag need to be used and I'm not sure I will as it's very unpractical.

So now wondering especially between Bobby and 30 Montaigne and in another Brand Céline Nano Luggage as it's very practical for a Young mother. So difficult to choose !
The Bobby and the 30Montaigne are good choices, as they both come in grained calfskin. The 30Montaigne actually comes in 2 types of grained calfskin, one that resembles the tougher one on the Saddle, and the other that is a bit more supple with a larger grain.

Although both are good choices, I recommend keeping the Lady Dior. The lambskin isn't that delicate, and the bag will still be current (and sold at a much higher price) a few years later when your child is older and you can enjoy your bag.

The other option is to get the Lady Dior D-Lite, the fabric one. The embroidered fabric is very durable, and you don't really have to baby it.

Thank you for your answer. The bag is nice but doesn't make my heart sing and I'm not a big fan of Dior Jacquard. I think it's just "it" for now but in several years it will look outdated. In addition it's raining a lot in my country. I prefer to use a leather bag. Maybe it's not a Dior Bag that I need (even I desperately want one). I'm also considering a nano luggage as it's a very confortable and practical bag. So I'm lost ! but thanks for helping me
To be honest if I need to deal with rainy weather, I’d pick LV monogram canvas. Lots of style to choose from and really carefree bag!

Reactions: luciechic
The Bobby and the 30Montaigne are good choices, as they both come in grained calfskin. The 30Montaigne actually comes in 2 types of grained calfskin, one that resembles the tougher one on the Saddle, and the other that is a bit more supple with a larger grain.

Although both are good choices, I recommend keeping the Lady Dior. The lambskin isn't that delicate, and the bag will still be current (and sold at a much higher price) a few years later when your child is older and you can enjoy your bag.

The other option is to get the Lady Dior D-Lite, the fabric one. The embroidered fabric is very durable, and you don't really have to baby it.

My husband want 4 children lol so I’m not sure I’ll be child Free one day. I think Lady Dior will be a good bag for me in 10/15 years. For now it’s not the good choice. Although it’s such a beauty.

I think I like more 30 Montaigne than Bobby. This is more my style. And Maybe un grained leather is better and stronger than in smooth leather.

I also love the LD D-lite but I’m afraid it will look outdated in several years and I don’t want to spend so much money in a bag that I’m not sure it will last.

Dior bags are so expensive even if I think is less expensive in France than in the US.

Reactions: averagejoe
Here are finally the two bags that I like.

The Dior Montaigne is a second Hand so I ask you @averagejoe on the authentification thread. (Grained leather doesn’t exist in France in 30 Montaigne or Bobby).

And New Celine nano luggage in pink grained leather.

it’s biaised to ask in Dior forum which bag choose ?:biggrin:

EEBF5C3B-2B6B-454B-843A-A4A56ED0E374.png

CB157C12-F6DB-427D-9A97-CE1F2E0FBC34.png

Reactions: platanoparty
Here are finally the two bags that I like.

The Dior Montaigne is a second Hand so I ask you @averagejoe on the authentification thread. (Grained leather doesn’t exist in France in 30 Montaigne or Bobby).

And New Celine nano luggage in pink grained leather.

it’s biaised to ask in Dior forum which bag choose ?:biggrin:

View attachment 5192900

View attachment 5192901
The grained calfskin 30 Montaigne and Bobby are available in France.

This is showing on the website as available in Cannes, and other grained calfskin styles are not showing but it doesn't mean the boutiques don't have them.
1630323936_M9203UBBN_M01Z_E01_ZHC.jpg

Several versions of the Bobby in grained leather are available in France, with 11 boutiques/concessions showing availability of the following bag:
1614876373_M9319UBBN_M900_E01_ZHC.jpg

This is a Dior forum so maybe members are more likely to say the Dior, but I think that the Dior 30Montaigne and Bobby look a lot nicer than the Luggage. I used to like the Luggage, but I think it had its time, and I can't unsee the face on the front after someone brought it up on TPF.

The grained calfskin 30 Montaigne and Bobby are available in France.

This is showing on the website as available in Cannes, and other grained calfskin styles are not showing but it doesn't mean the boutiques don't have them.
1630323936_M9203UBBN_M01Z_E01_ZHC.jpg

Several versions of the Bobby in grained leather are available in France, with 11 boutiques/concessions showing availability of the following bag:
1614876373_M9319UBBN_M900_E01_ZHC.jpg

This is a Dior forum so maybe members are more likely to say the Dior, but I think that the Dior 30Montaigne and Bobby look a lot nicer than the Luggage. I used to like the Luggage, but I think it had its time, and I can't unsee the face on the front after someone brought it up on TPF.

Thank you so much for your researchs ! I'm not good at that because I bought almost all my bags in second-hand. I had a night to think about it and I think I find the perfect compromise for me.

I will buy the second hand 30 montaigne in black grained leather I show you (just waiting for the photos you ask me on the authentification thread). I Don't have black Bags with gold hardware, only with silver. It's very classy and elegant that way. It will be good at day and night.

And with the money I didn' spend to buy new one (The second hand is 1900 EUR as the new one is at 2900 EUR) I will buy a nice Dior Shoulder Strap in the website ! (because I loooooooove their shoulder straps). So this way it will be the perfect every day bag less elegant, more stylish.

So that way, I will have the two options and that makes me sooooo happy.

You're right about the Celine. This seems a little outdated now. The Reason I was hesitate with was the capacity of the bag in such a "small" size. With kids it's very nice to have a bag that can handle a lot of things.

But no, my heart is with Dior !

Reactions: averagejoe
Hi girls! I’m from Rome and I really want to buy a pochette nano Saddler, of course online is sold out( story of my life!) any chance that will be back again?

Attachments

• 6801C011-79C8-42E1-85D6-3708B72E1B94.jpeg
    6801C011-79C8-42E1-85D6-3708B72E1B94.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 4