Dior Chat Thread

Btw, anyone received Dior mooncake or related gift for mid-autumn?
I posted mine here:

Reactions: BB8
Nice!

Did yours have salted duck egg in it? I'm surprised that it didn't have any inside once again. I thought it was pretty standard for moon cake.
Ok. So I just had one and I think the texture is a little different than a standard mooncake. But it’s probably because it’s so tiny. And no egg also probably because it’s so small. It’s very cute though and I’m so happy that my SA thought of me Since I don’t think I’m a VIP by any means!

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe
Ok. So I just had one and I think the texture is a little different than a standard mooncake. But it’s probably because it’s so tiny. And no egg also probably because it’s so small. It’s very cute though and I’m so happy that my SA thought of me Since I don’t think I’m a VIP by any means!
I guess it is tiny, and can't really accommodate a duck egg yolk.

Do mooncakes typically only go to VIP in Asia or Canada? I have yet to see anyone post in the USA or Europe with moon cakes from door (or other houses).

I also would love to know if anyone has the toile de juoy pouch? I’ve had my eye on it for some time and would love to know capacity? Haven’t been able to check it out in person unfortunately

Do mooncakes typically only go to VIP in Asia or Canada? I have yet to see anyone post in the USA or Europe with moon cakes from door (or other houses).

I also would love to know if anyone has the toile de juoy pouch? I’ve had my eye on it for some time and would love to know capacity? Haven’t been able to check it out in person unfortunately
Yes I got this pouch and I love it. I do wear it as a crossbody it fits all my essentials (includes a rather bulky wallet, LV 6 ring key pouch, a pack of tissue, Dior card case, and iphone pro max).

• Love
Reactions: platanoparty
Nice!

Did yours have salted duck egg in it? I'm surprised that it didn't have any inside once again. I thought it was pretty standard for moon cake.
Nowadays there are different types of mooncake ; the lotus seed paste with egg yolk being the traditional one. Also you can find ice-skin mooncake (mochi-like skin with some fruit filling or it can be egg yolk as well, eaten cold), and egg custard mooncake. Btw, Sep 21 is the day for eating mooncake because it's the day of mid-autumn festival :smile:

Reactions: averagejoe

I’m in the US and Got the mooncakes!

Hi guys, I decided to add a first Dior bag into my collection - Dior caro is the first Dior bag I really like. I'd like to get a black one with silver hardware but on the Dior website I see that black medium size is only available with gold (I don't like the macro version). Is there any way to check, if there will be a silver hw version one soon? Or should I take small one, which is also cute. I'm new to the brand and I don't know how it works yet and there's no Dior boutique in my city. Thanks for help! I'm talking about this one: https://www.dior.com/en_pl/products... bag&queryID=962ad0965d20c82c72188c77029780b2

Hi guys, I decided to add a first Dior bag into my collection - Dior caro is the first Dior bag I really like. I'd like to get a black one with silver hardware but on the Dior website I see that black medium size is only available with gold (I don't like the macro version). Is there any way to check, if there will be a silver hw version one soon? Or should I take small one, which is also cute. I'm new to the brand and I don't know how it works yet and there's no Dior boutique in my city. Thanks for help! I'm talking about this one: https://www.dior.com/en_pl/products/couture-M9242UWHC_M900-medium-dior-caro-bag-black-supple-cannage-calfskin?objectID=M9242UWHC_M900&query=dior caro bag&queryID=962ad0965d20c82c72188c77029780b2
@TraceySH posted her two Caro bags with silver hardware (it is darker than regular silver. It is ruthenium finish), both in black calfskin:
79a922ec-4514-4f88-befc-3ecc18f413ab-jpeg.5199152

23f205cd-ee2a-4cee-b958-267e59d14289-jpeg.5199154

Would these be of interest to you?

There was also this silver hardware version, which I'm not sure if it comes in the medium size:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/dior-caro.1037073/page-6#post-34301132

@pinkorchid20 posted the small with silver hardware:

d7461437-50cd-4bee-8ef6-93c850bd7f96-jpeg.4969931

@TraceySH posted her two Caro bags with silver hardware (it is darker than regular silver. It is ruthenium finish), both in black calfskin:

There was also this silver hardware version, which I'm not sure if it comes in the medium size:

The black with silver-silver didn’t make it to the USA, and I believe only came in the small??? The dark ruthenium is lovely by the way - sometimes I don’t like committing to either gold or silver!

Thank you! The Rhuthenium hw is very nice, but I’m not a fan of this bigger quilts, and I’m not sure if it’s just the picture, but leather seems to be more shiny in that model than in the small one?

The small one is perfect and I might just get it!

Reactions: 880 and averagejoe