Dior Chat Thread

My Dior SA just invited us to preview this exhibit (I read the blurb description, and I think it would be of interest to anyone who wants to learn about Dior RTW history).

note: I think the reason why we were invited was bc DH just bought a Dior cashmere pea coat. Although Ive started to become a regular customer at Dior, I only buy a few pieces per season, and I’m obviously not like their VIPs who buy tons and tons of RTW plus accessories. But, DH and I really enjoy shopping together in the same boutique (for example, he buys a lot of brunello, and I buy brunello pants and outerwear), so I think SA’s enjoy the synergy of us shopping together for both men’s and women’s at Dior.

i feel terribly for those posts above re their negative experiences at Dior. I don’t take packaging bc I don’t want to recycle it, but if I had rude experiences, and I’m not entirely sure that I would continue to shop with that SA or perhaps even at the brand. I have to get along and connect with an SA before I contemplate buying anything. I am primarily a RTW cust9mer and not accessories, and I tend to text for appts once I click with an SA, so that might make a difference. JMO though.

If only we had this exhibition in Toronto!!! Only Dior thing we got at our Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) was 1950s Dior sourced from local owners who lent the pieces to the ROM, or something like that. The exhibit was just one room, and did not have any of the Galliano Dior stuff I grew up seeing.

• Wow
Reactions: 880
Yes, their SAs are definitely encouraged to sell across all categories. I think a lot of brands are like this. LV commission for their popular monogram pieces is less than other items! The encouragement to sell across categories is there alright.

It's interesting to see if people will have the same "good" Dior experience when the brand grows even bigger. When people complain about service at Chanel being poor, I find that a lot of it is because they are so busy that they cannot invest time into individual customers, especially those who don't have a purchase history to prove that they are likely going to buy again. If Dior gets that many clients, I bet SA behaviours will change.

Smaller brands in comparison tend to have better service because their SAs aren't always busy with other clients. I find that even service at Fendi is better now, even though they are by no means a small brand. YSL as well. Their SAs aren't as busy and have the time to get to know the customers and also show them a number of products.
DH loves fashion and spends time talking to SMs and staff while I’m rummaging around. ( we go on off hours by appt, so as not to inconvenience SA prime time or rush hour lol). Another staffer indicated to DH that Dior is shifting to a more appt only philosophy — the implication being that there is more focus on long standing clients than one of item shoppers. If this is the case, IMO it’s in line with the philosophy of VCs and private equity who invest in companies. A private equity firm that invests in, say an ophthalmologist practice would require an individual practitioner to see a patient every 15 minutes. It becomes a time is money thing, and I think it would prevent the serendipitous spontaneous connection or sale to be made. . . Probably my analogy is inaccurate for a variety of reasons, but I guess I mean to say, companies like Dior aspire to the chanel formula Of over catering to the top tier of customer. I miss small boutiques like Linda dresner or charivari or Ultimo or even what I considered small department store boutique operations like Wilkes Bashford for curation of a mix of designers that someone new to fashion could visit, learn and buy. In order to get the best pieces now, you’d have to first have a good standing relationship with each individual design house. It’s sad.

note: I want to add here that I started as a walk in customer with no prior history during covid and they were exceptionally nice and did not rush me in the dressing room even though they had a fancy event going on in the other rooms. My SA is my SA bc he happened to be standing by the door lol. When I read other people’s experiences here, I feel very fortunate, but I almost think it’s just happenstance that I had a good first experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
DH loves fashion and spends time talking to SMs and staff while I’m rummaging around. ( we go on off hours by appt, so as not to inconvenience SA prime time or rush hour lol). Another staffer indicated to DH that Dior is shifting to a more appt only philosophy — the implication being that there is more focus on long standing clients than one of item shoppers. If this is the case, IMO it’s in line with the philosophy of VCs and private equity who invest in companies. A private equity firm that invests in, say an ophthalmologist practice would require an individual practitioner to see a patient every 15 minutes. It becomes a time is money thing, and I think it would prevent the serendipitous spontaneous connection or sale to be made. . . Probably my analogy is inaccurate for a variety of reasons, but I guess I mean to say, companies like Dior aspire to the chanel formula Of over catering to the top tier of customer. I miss small boutiques like Linda dresner or charivari or Ultimo or even what I considered small department store boutique operations like Wilkes Bashford for curation of a mix of designers that someone new to fashion could visit, learn and buy. In order to get the best pieces now, you’d have to first have a good standing relationship with each individual design house. It’s sad.
I think that is what they want, but what I noticed recently with all the limited store capacities as mandated by the government is that Dior will still serve walk-in clients with no appointment, but they will prioritize the clients that made appointments (often those that already know their SAs). So walk-in clients have to wait until an SA is available. They still want the walk-in clients, with some potentially being big customers, although frequent purchase history is often a much more reliable indicator of a client's spending power than a one-time purchase.

• Love
Reactions: 880
My Dior SA just invited us to preview this exhibit (I read the blurb description, and I think it would be of interest to anyone who wants to learn about Dior RTW history).

I saw this exhibit in Paris a few years ago. It's really wonderful. Anyone with the slightest bit of interest in the brand or with interest in fashion should check it out if they can.

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe and 880
I did have some great experiences at Dior, and so did a lot of members here, but these SAs move around from brand to brand, and if they were bad at a particular brand from before, then they would be bad at Dior too. Dior hires their SAs based on their ability to sell (including past selling history at other brands), so the pushy sales associates get hired in the mix, too. Dior also pushes their sales associates to constantly increase their sales from year to year, which pressures the sales associates to prioritize sales over customer service if given the choice. For instance, if your SA has another client waiting while you are being served, they may be more likely to rush service with you so that they can cater to both clients, especially if the waiting client is a tier 1 customer.

Sales associates also decline in effectiveness when they are very busy (i.e. new arrivals, sale season, pre-orders, several clients messaging them at once), and with Dior sales increasing significantly each quarter, their sales associates are busier than before. I think they should hire more stock room people that don't sell to pack the orders consistently so the SA isn't trying to balance selling with taking the time to pack purchases nicely.
When I was last at Dior flagship (by group appointment Friday with DH who was looking at men’s RTW and another TPFer who shares the same SA as I do), we realized that Dior had recently hired a person we all knew (he was previously at Hermes and then the assistant manager of VCA HUdson yards). DH also learned from another staff member that Dior aggressively hired more SAs for their transitional flagship, and it pushes their SAs to sell across all categories RTW, accessories, fine jewelry. We assumed that meant that essentially the SAs have to sell an enormous amount per shift. This policy may mean the SAs try to devote more attention to repeat customers that they believe will purchase across those categories. DH, the other tpfer and I were there for some time (it takes a while to get the tailor), and we were chatting. So, I dont take it personally, if my SA also has to answer texts unrelated to my business. But, while the company pressure to sell is enormous, it obviously doesn’t excuse poor service to individual customers.
this all makes a lot of sense ! i definitely can see this happening across many different luxury fashion houses - i've never seen the lines i see today compared to pre-covid - many SAs i speak to at different boutiques always are saying how they've never been any more busy in their lives working there than they are now

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe and 880
so i'm unsure where to post this (feel free to re-direct or delete if not appropriate) - i know its a long shot but i just wanted to kind of put it out there so maybe i can put it on everyone's radar if they happen to come across it but my car got broken into on sunday and my brand new book tote and mitzah were stolen :sad: i don't want to say it might be my karma for maybe complaining about dior's service or what not... but yes, my boyfriend took me to the mall to take my book tote and mitzah back to the boutique to see if we can get it wrapped all pretty and see if we could exchange the mitzah (because as i mentioned previously we were sent the incorrect one) then after the mall we stopped by somewhere to pick something up (quickly, maybe 10 minutes or less) and came back and our car's back window was smashed and they stole everything (all the dior items including some other items we had bought at the mall).. all brand new.. never even used.. we literally had JUST bought it.. usually we're very good about taking our shopping bags with us, but we thought we'd be in and out so quick, we didn't really think much of it.. we think they may have followed us from the mall to the other location because of the way we parked and how they knew where exactly the items were stored (they didn't attempt to break into anywhere else) -- long story short.. if anyone happens to see a reverse toile de jouy navy book tote and mitzah being sold (i'm US based), it could possibly be mine (that they stole and are trying to resell).. please reach out to me to let me know, any help is honestly greatly appreciated :frown:

so i'm unsure where to post this (feel free to re-direct or delete if not appropriate) - i know its a long shot but i just wanted to kind of put it out there so maybe i can put it on everyone's radar if they happen to come across it but my car got broken into on sunday and my brand new book tote and mitzah were stolen :sad: i don't want to say it might be my karma for maybe complaining about dior's service or what not... but yes, my boyfriend took me to the mall to take my book tote and mitzah back to the boutique to see if we can get it wrapped all pretty and see if we could exchange the mitzah (because as i mentioned previously we were sent the incorrect one) then after the mall we stopped by somewhere to pick something up (quickly, maybe 10 minutes or less) and came back and our car's back window was smashed and they stole everything (all the dior items including some other items we had bought at the mall).. all brand new.. never even used.. we literally had JUST bought it.. usually we're very good about taking our shopping bags with us, but we thought we'd be in and out so quick, we didn't really think much of it.. we think they may have followed us from the mall to the other location because of the way we parked and how they knew where exactly the items were stored (they didn't attempt to break into anywhere else) -- long story short.. if anyone happens to see a reverse toile de jouy navy book tote and mitzah being sold (i'm US based), it could possibly be mine (that they stole and are trying to resell).. please reach out to me to let me know, any help is honestly greatly appreciated :frown:
I'm so sorry this happened to you. My Chanel bag that I left with FedEx for return (I was exchanging it), was also stolen after dropping it in the dropbox, and I, too, scoured the resale sites for it afterwards. I know how you feel. You feel violated, and it's maddening when people take from others instead of working for it on their own. I placed a police report. Did you? (Although, I know realistically nothing will really come of it.)

I'm so sorry this happened to you. My Chanel bag that I left with FedEx for return (I was exchanging it), was also stolen after dropping it in the dropbox, and I, too, scoured the resale sites for it afterwards. I know how you feel. You feel violated, and it's maddening when people take from others instead of working for it on their own. I placed a police report. Did you? (Although, I know realistically nothing will really come of it.)
i'm so sorry this happened to you as well.. was fedex able to do anything about it ?

that's exactly how i feel/felt - my privacy has been violated, i felt so much paranoia/anxiety knowing there was a possibility i was being followed, and a lot of people like to turn this into a "its just a materialistic item" story but i feel like its more than just a materialistic item.. my bf and i work hard for our money and to save it up to afford these items, and he gifted this item to me with his hard earned money - it wasn't even like i used the bag at all either, we had just purchased it, so that money was gone immediately.. and also the factor of our personal safety, my mind was running to all sorts of places the past few days about what would have happened if we were there when they were breaking into my car, or what if they actually walked up to us to attack us, etc.

we did file a police report and security guards ran through video footage - unfortunately the car's license plate had a tint over it so they can see every license plate in the parking lot except theirs.. :sad: i asked them if we happen to come across the resale market and find the bag, would they be able to help us get the bag back and they said its very possible (especially because we have a picture of the authenticity code/serial number thing) so i just thought it was worth a shot for people to keep their eyes peeled for me..

i'm so sorry this happened to you as well.. was fedex able to do anything about it ?

that's exactly how i feel/felt - my privacy has been violated, i felt so much paranoia/anxiety knowing there was a possibility i was being followed, and a lot of people like to turn this into a "its just a materialistic item" story but i feel like its more than just a materialistic item.. my bf and i work hard for our money and to save it up to afford these items, and he gifted this item to me with his hard earned money - it wasn't even like i used the bag at all either, we had just purchased it, so that money was gone immediately.. and also the factor of our personal safety, my mind was running to all sorts of places the past few days about what would have happened if we were there when they were breaking into my car, or what if they actually walked up to us to attack us, etc.

we did file a police report and security guards ran through video footage - unfortunately the car's license plate had a tint over it so they can see every license plate in the parking lot except theirs.. :sad: i asked them if we happen to come across the resale market and find the bag, would they be able to help us get the bag back and they said its very possible (especially because we have a picture of the authenticity code/serial number thing) so i just thought it was worth a shot for people to keep their eyes peeled for me..
I'm glad you filed that report.
It's true: these crimes are definitely getting worse, at least in parts of the U.S. Its a good thing you weren't there, because some of these criminals don't care who they hurt and any repercussions. Spreading the word is good. I do hope they're found: both your items, and the criminals. :heart:
As for me, not surprisingly, FedEx did an I thermal investigation and in the end they claimed they never received the package, even though I provided them with evidence. I know they don't want to be liable for such an expensive item, so they wash their hands of it. I have made complaints to both FedEx and to the different Chanel stores that I've had bags shipped from. Hopefully one day they'll get replaced with another more reliable shipper.
Good luck to you!

• Love
Reactions: amanda.tnguyen
I'm glad you filed that report.
It's true: these crimes are definitely getting worse, at least in parts of the U.S. Its a good thing you weren't there, because some of these criminals don't care who they hurt and any repercussions. Spreading the word is good. I do hope they're found: both your items, and the criminals. :heart:
As for me, not surprisingly, FedEx did an I thermal investigation and in the end they claimed they never received the package, even though I provided them with evidence. I know they don't want to be liable for such an expensive item, so they wash their hands of it. I have made complaints to both FedEx and to the different Chanel stores that I've had bags shipped from. Hopefully one day they'll get replaced with another more reliable shipper.
Good luck to you!
thank you, you're too kind ! :heart: and i'm so sorry to hear ! i've definitely heard more and more lately about companies like fedex, ups, etc. not wanting to be held liable for all these stolen packages.. i hope they use a more reliable shipper as well - hope you were able to find an amazing bag instead to replace what was lost :love:

• Love
Reactions: BB8
Ah! I was hoping for red envelopes but got macarons and tea service instead which I am perfectly happy with! :smile:
Hopefully next year there will be more excitement!
Just curious are you a long time customer before got offered these goodies? Or big purchases? I am new and just wondering how to spending before SA will offer something....:confused1:

Hello,

I’m looking for a Lady Dior for my birthday in few months. I wan’t this bag for so many years and it will be my first Dior Bag. I want ABC Dior as I’m usually wearing my bags crossbody.

But I wanted to know if the lady Dior is ok as every day bag ? Or is it too sensitive to wear it every day ?

I really like Saddle one but I’m afraid it’s just a It bag for some years as the Lady Dior is such an iconic one.

thanks for your help

@amanda.tnguyen, I am so saddened to hear this happened to you. My identity was stolen a few years ago, and they actually arrested one of the members of the ring that used mine (and many others). So, I hope that the police report helps.

@luciechic, I wear my embroidery around the world lady Dior (it’s fabric) daily and it’s pretty sturdy. I’ve heard that lady Dior leather is more durable than chanel. Re the saddle, I didn’t like it when it first came out decades ago, but I love my men’s saddle. its perforated oblique logo leather, no CD logo, with an aluminum airline seatbelt adjustable strap. I think bc of its lack of embellishment, it’s a new classic. JMO though! Have fun experimenting and try8ng th8ngs on in advanc eof your birthday

Just curious are you a long time customer before got offered these goodies? Or big purchases? I am new and just wondering how to spending before SA will offer something....:confused1:

hmm I think at that time I had only gotten a pair of shoes and a scarf.…since then I have bought a bag, several RTW pieces, and a couple of other little items though!