Dior Chat Thread

Hello could anybody please provide some info on the Dior Flight bag?
This little gem just arrived at my house and I´d love to know its real name and the year.

Of course I checked the reference library first, but the post in question does not have any pictures visible anymore, just icons. German Google doesn´t have any posters or ads, either...

Thanks so much! Happy week-end! IMG_2997.JPG

Reactions: averagejoe
Speaking of the Flight bag I´d like to share my "unboxing experience" .... smallish used cardboard box, no padding at all, bag squeezed into it... that´s unfortunately far too often (not that I´d receive a bag every other day, but a few over time) the reality when you love luxury handbags, but buying them in a boutique is off limits and even the re-sale sites are too expensive, so my passion is nourished by cheap and lucky private sales.
No box, no tissue paper, seldom a dust bag... always the bridesmaid and never the bride!

Hello could anybody please provide some info on the Dior Flight bag?
This little gem just arrived at my house and I´d love to know its real name and the year.

Of course I checked the reference library first, but the post in question does not have any pictures visible anymore, just icons. German Google doesn´t have any posters or ads, either...

Thanks so much! Happy week-end! View attachment 4421399

Speaking of the Flight bag I´d like to share my "unboxing experience" .... smallish used cardboard box, no padding at all, bag squeezed into it... that´s unfortunately far too often (not that I´d receive a bag every other day, but a few over time) the reality when you love luxury handbags, but buying them in a boutique is off limits and even the re-sale sites are too expensive, so my passion is nourished by cheap and lucky private sales.
No box, no tissue paper, seldom a dust bag... always the bridesmaid and never the bride!
This bag is the Dior Flight bag. It doesn't have another name, aside from the fact that it is the shoulder bag version from a line of different styles, all with the characteristic D "seat-belt" buckle and details from aviator jackets.

It was released in 2005. Here are images from the ad campaigns that year which featured this bag:
Fall-Winter-2005-Kate-Moss-Ad-dior-131406_621_850.jpg
Dior-riley-keough-14929808-1800-2467.jpg
343d5e2860a1981bdc56354fb2e7e44a.jpg

You mentioned that they stuffed your bag into a box with no padding. While that is fine for bags with distressed leather, it can damage structured bags and also cause indentations by pressing the straps and hardware into the bag. Be sure to ask them to ship the item in a box with padding to prevent damage.

While the boutique experience is wonderful and comes with beautiful packaging which makes great unboxing experiences, the savings from buying preowned (as long as it is authentic and in great condition) can make the experience even better than unboxing! I rather get a huge discount than get a beautiful box and ribbon with shopping bag at full price.

This bag is the Dior Flight bag. It doesn't have another name, aside from the fact that it is the shoulder bag version from a line of different styles, all with the characteristic D "seat-belt" buckle and details from aviator jackets.

It was released in 2005. Here are images from the ad campaigns that year which featured this bag:

You mentioned that they stuffed your bag into a box with no padding. While that is fine for bags with distressed leather, it can damage structured bags and also cause indentations by pressing the straps and hardware into the bag. Be sure to ask them to ship the item in a box with padding to prevent damage.

While the boutique experience is wonderful and comes with beautiful packaging which makes great unboxing experiences, the savings from buying preowned (as long as it is authentic and in great condition) can make the experience even better than unboxing! I rather get a huge discount than get a beautiful box and ribbon with shopping bag at full price.

Thank-you so much for the information! I appreciate it very much!

Re the unboxing experience: sometimes sellers seem to be really thoughtless about their packaging. There seem to be people who still cherish their "discarded" handbags and send them packaged nicely while others don´t waste a single thought. This feels so strange to me I did not even consider asking for proper packaging when I bought the bag. (Next time I will!) Luckily it was not harmed in transit!

The worst "unboxing" I ever had and that brought me to tears was when I peeled my large Tom Ford Rive Gauche bag out of a dirty cardboard box and a torn bin bag. It felt so wrong! The price had been a steal, though at around 60 Euro.

I agree a huge discount- and when I buy a bag it always comes at a very good price or I wouldn´t be able to afford it at all- is just perfect!
All my bags are preloved. Some were in great condition, others needed a bit of work (reflected in the price! I´m trying to learn how to spa my bags at the moment. A very battered Karenina is just coming back to life!)

The boutique experience to me seems like a fairy tale, especially after I had the chance to get a small glimpse of it in Paris in February when my daring spouse simply made me to go into LV and the Galeries Lafayette to have a proper look at "the bags you are going to hunt for in 10 years". It´s just another world. The prices are unwordly, too...

Can someone please tell me when this M50B Bleu mini lady dior was available in stores? Do they make this combo often? Thanks in advance!
View attachment 4435607
This is Yves Klein Blue from 2016. Dior makes many different blue colours, but most of them are seasonal. Contact an SA with this colour code and see if he/she can track a mini Lady Dior in this colour for you.

Does anyone recognize the style that Lydia Millen carries? Did it have a specific collection name? It looks embroidered with a sun/moon motif. It is just lovely. I'd love to have it one day but I'm certain it was limited and gone by this point.
asd.jpg

Does anyone recognize the style that Lydia Millen carries? Did it have a specific collection name? It looks embroidered with a sun/moon motif. It is just lovely. I'd love to have it one day but I'm certain it was limited and gone by this point.
View attachment 4436270
This is the "Air Element" piece of the Nature Ballet series, reference code M0565OREB M911. Some boutiques may still have it.

Hi! I am looking into selling a vintage Dior Clutch. I was told that the bag with the rope logo + colourway + mint condition was a rare find. Does anyone have any tips as to how I can find help pricing the bag? I can't find much on Google for this specific bag. Any help or guesses is much appreciated. Thank you! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 140
Hello ladies and gents,
I was hoping some of you might help me get to the bottom of the story on the Small Book Tote. I had one on order from the DC boutique when my SA called me a couple of weeks ago explaining the released had been moved out to Q2 2020. Most disappointed, I then asked the boutiques in London and Paris and was told the same.
Some mentioned Japanese boutiques were the only ones allowed to release it this year? Is this correct? I am asking because if I am going to try and find some way to get one from Japan I don't want to waste my time if their inventory of Small Book Totes has also been cancelled!
Any information would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Hello ladies and gents,
I was hoping some of you might help me get to the bottom of the story on the Small Book Tote. I had one on order from the DC boutique when my SA called me a couple of weeks ago explaining the released had been moved out to Q2 2020. Most disappointed, I then asked the boutiques in London and Paris and was told the same.
Some mentioned Japanese boutiques were the only ones allowed to release it this year? Is this correct? I am asking because if I am going to try and find some way to get one from Japan I don't want to waste my time if their inventory of Small Book Totes has also been cancelled!
Thank you!
@shopgirl bb purchased one from Japan:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/book-tote.991721/page-6

Hello ladies and gents,
Thank you!
I personally saw them in Tokyo. I posted a photo in the BookTote thread

Hello ladies and gents,
Thank you!

If you are on IG follow Aqila Agha, she just received two small ones brought into the London store for her little daughters.