Dior Chat Thread

The smell comes from the tanning oils and any other chemicals that are used in the production of the leather. If the leather is different, then the bag has a different smell. For example, I find the smell of the Dior Gaucho from the Galliano era quite different from the other Dior bags of that time. The washing and waxing of the Gaucho leather gave it a very distinctive smell.

On top of that, boutiques are scented with a unique house fragrance (most luxury brands have their own boutique scent), and sometimes that scent lingers for a while on their products.

Thank-you so much for sharing your prescious information!
I fully agree on the Gaucho bags- they are the most delicious! I am very happy to own three of them (a huge black one, a medium black and a medium red) and each time one comes out of its dust bag it fills the room with a scent of pure joy no matter whether it is cold or warm!
The last Dior bag I bought is a rather battered big Karenina. When it arrived on a very cold day it did not have any scent, but after warming up it started to give off this joyful Dior leather scent, too. Even my 9-year old son noticed it and complained when I took the bag out of the room.

I really wished Dior would make it into a perfume!

Reactions: averagejoe
The LVMH financial results have been released!

According to Bernard Arnault:

I think the rumours of Maria Grazia Chiuri being replaced by Kim Jones are false. Her products are very successful. In my personal experience, I haven't found it so difficult to track down Dior products before she arrived at Dior because they never used to sell out so fast! It must mean that her designs, paired with Pietro Beccari's excellent management of the brand, are resonating with customers.

I agree. The new Cruise 2019 shown in the Dior website looks gorgeous!

Reactions: averagejoe
Diorever, Dioraddict Tote and Crossbody, and 21st Tote and Flap Bag have all been removed from the website... do we think/know if these bags been discontinued?
These bags are still all on the UK website. The US website has fewer items and now doesn't even have the DiorMag feature even though it is on other countries' websites.

I bought a New Diorama small flap bag at boutique yesterday.
When I got home, I threw the paper bag away.
But I forgot to take out the receipt!!!
So now I lost my receipt within 1 day...
I asked the SA, he said it's fine if I lost the receipt.
They still have record in the system.

But I still do not feel good..
Any thoughts?
Anyone tried after-sale service without receipt?
thanks.

I bought a New Diorama small flap bag at boutique yesterday.
When I got home, I threw the paper bag away.
But I forgot to take out the receipt!!!
So now I lost my receipt within 1 day...
I asked the SA, he said it's fine if I lost the receipt.
They still have record in the system.

But I still do not feel good..
Any thoughts?
Anyone tried after-sale service without receipt?
thanks.
You can go back to the store and request to have the receipt printed again. They can print a duplicate one.