Dior & Chanel Comparison Pics

Luv iz Louis

Jul 22, 2012
I thought I might post these photos I put up on Instagram under my account name (Luv iz Luxury) as it might help some ladies here. I have just brought my first Dior bag - a beautiful Diorama and was contemplating between it and a Chanel Boy. My daughter has the Chanel Boy in the old Medium size and I was able to use that for some of the photos and my own Classic Chanels. I hope this might help some others who may be wondering about the size comparison?

I brought the Diorama in the Medium size. I think the Medium Diorama is perfect as it is between the Chanel Jumbo & Chanel M/L size and much more versatile than the Smaller Diorama that I felt held very little.

I am very happy with my choice as I feel it is fabulous bag and seems more well made than Chanel. Every stitch is simply perfect and you can feel the quality. I am not sure how I feel about the hollow parts in the chain, but I can see it keeps it lighter to have them hollow and therefore less stress on top of the bag which should alleviate any issues of bending that the Chanel Boy does seem to have.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2140.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 4,235
  • IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 5,510
  • IMG_2176.JPG
    IMG_2176.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 5,489
  • IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 6,847
Congrats on your Diorama, and thanks so much for putting up these comparison pics. I was definitely leaning towards getting a Boy before, but now I'm much more undecided.

Great comparison pics! The Diorama manages to look a lot more modern and sleek for some reason. Maybe it's the architectural Cannage and the general simplicity of the design.

Reactions: PinkTulip
Great comparison pics! The Diorama manages to look a lot more modern and sleek for some reason. Maybe it's the architectural Cannage and the general simplicity of the design.

Yes I thought so too, Diorama is very stunning and you dont realise it so much until you compare them side by side. The Diorama is also lighter (I brought the calf) but I also think the finish is better too overall. I am very happy with it and got my eye on maybe another one when the new season arrives in Australia :smile:

Your Diorama is beautiful! Thank you very much for doing this,as it is very helpful. Diorama will be my next Dior. I'm waiting a bit to see if it is released with more gold hardware options. The bag is so elegant, and very chic! Congrats and enjoy yours!

Last edited:
Congrats on your lovely Diorama! We are now bag twins! Also thank you for posting up size comparison photos with the Chanel Boy. I dislike that bag, but did have some doubts that the Diorama's design was too similar to it. I think I've come to peace with it. Though a lot of people are Team Boy Bag, I belong to Team Diorama :biggrin:

Congrats on your lovely Diorama! We are now bag twins! Also thank you for posting up size comparison photos with the Chanel Boy. I dislike that bag, but did have some doubts that the Diorama's design was too similar to it. I think I've come to peace with it. Though a lot of people are Team Boy Bag, I belong to Team Diorama :biggrin:
I know what you mean, I struggled too in my mind about Boy vs Diorama, but I think the Diorama is more beautiful and really stands on its own. Also the Boy is everywhere now, but the Diorama is a quiet statement peace that is just stunning.