Dior Caro!

ITA with you…the pink linen is very cute, but potential durability + overall price would be deterrents for me.

You’ve picked out some beautiful options!! I am the same as you - 99% of the bags in my collection are black. I live in jeans and dark colored tops - color transfer has always been something that terrifies me - so I’ve always stuck with black. However, my caro is actually grey w/ruthenium hardware, and I love it! It’s different enough from black, but still neutral enough to go with my wardrobe. What color scheme is predominant in your closet? Of the options you posted, I really like the RDV and natural. I feel like they’re probably the easiest colors to match, but are also beautiful on their own. The blue is such a pretty pop of color too though…I’ve always wanted to add a red bag to my collection for that pop, but I haven’t had the guts to do so yet! Please let us know what you decide!

My caro.
View attachment 5436780View attachment 5436781
Is this the medium size? Or the small size?

Tough decision. I personally am not a fan of GHW, so I chose the grey w/ruthenium hardware for my caro. I agree with you that the hardware is quite YELLOW. What size are you looking at? Dior does have a medium in black with the ruthenium hw…

As far as LD vs. the caro - that’s another tough one! I got my medium LD (black w/ruthenium hardware) last October, and I truly love it - it’s a stunning, classic bag, that always puts a smile on my face. That being said, I definitely find myself reaching for my Caro (April ‘22 purchase) more. The caro is lighter, feels a bit less formal, and just seems “easier”. While the LD is much roomier, it is a heavy bag, and the idea of scuffing the lambskin admittedly gives me a bit of anxiety. I do believe the caro has classic, staying power, but it seems like many people thought that of the diorissimo too…

As for the chain on the Caro, it’s definitely lighter than the chain on my YSL loulou, but I prefer that - no indentations on my shoulder/traps!

Thank you so much for reporting on your experience! It's SO helpful. After I read it, I checked both Caro and LD out again yesterday. The ruthenium hardware is a great suggestion and certainly looks very slick in both styles. Especially the LD! Makes it look more youthful and less fussy, easier to wear.

I'm after the large size in Caro! Realistically, that size will accommodate my daily life. Or medium in Lady. I love the Lady more but I can completely see myself finding the Caro less of "a thought" to wear as you suggested. Hmmm... I love the "POW" of the shiny gold CD clasp but it's still the yellow chain that bugs me... I think the darker metal in ruthenium is gorgeous but the pillowy (and sumptuously gorgeous) soft leather that is combined with is too fragile for me!

So I'm still a little torn but leaning far more towards Caro now. You've made me feel better about the lightness of the chain too. Thank you!!

I'll keep you posted on what I go for. These price increases are a killer.

• Love
Reactions: nycgirl79
I can’t speak to the durability of the non-leather bags, but that crooked lock would drive me crazy. I would absolutely either return or exchange. Just my personal opinion, but when it comes to luxury bags, I like sticking with something that’s all leather. I know it seems silly, but I can’t bring myself to pay $$$$ for something that’s fabric, rattan, etc.

Totally agree - I always feel that anything non-leather is SUCH a huge waste of money and a missed opportunity for something with longevity.

ITA with you…the pink linen is very cute, but potential durability + overall price would be deterrents for me.

You’ve picked out some beautiful options!! I am the same as you - 99% of the bags in my collection are black. I live in jeans and dark colored tops - color transfer has always been something that terrifies me - so I’ve always stuck with black. However, my caro is actually grey w/ruthenium hardware, and I love it! It’s different enough from black, but still neutral enough to go with my wardrobe. What color scheme is predominant in your closet? Of the options you posted, I really like the RDV and natural. I feel like they’re probably the easiest colors to match, but are also beautiful on their own. The blue is such a pretty pop of color too though…I’ve always wanted to add a red bag to my collection for that pop, but I haven’t had the guts to do so yet! Please let us know what you decide!

My caro.
View attachment 5436780View attachment 5436781
Finally I’ve picked up my dream Caro! Yaay :heart::yahoo:

I took a look at ALL the caros that were in the boutique. At first I thought it might be the RDW or beige Caro, but I went for something very unexpected. Normally I also like to wear black clothes, but now I try more light colors like white, cream or rose - neutral colors. And most of the time I like to wear dresses and skirts, it’s just more comfy for me. And sometimes I like to be more sporty and basic.

Oh yes, color transfer is a serious thing. Black bags are always safe :lol:
Your Caro bag is beautiful. And red is also a good choice I think. I also looked at the blue/grey color like yours, but my heart was already beating for a different one. Yesterday was our anniversary and I wore my new Caro right away in the evening.
Interestingly, you don't even see this bag online right now. It's a slight color gradient.

My SA confirmed to me that the price increase would come in the first week of July. He says it's on everything!:panic:

Attachments

• B4F6FF56-037B-492C-A6D6-7AA216DE6102.jpeg
    B4F6FF56-037B-492C-A6D6-7AA216DE6102.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 141
  • B2303DD2-E071-4D77-BFE0-B298E3397864.jpeg
    B2303DD2-E071-4D77-BFE0-B298E3397864.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 138
Thank you so much for reporting on your experience! It's SO helpful. After I read it, I checked both Caro and LD out again yesterday. The ruthenium hardware is a great suggestion and certainly looks very slick in both styles. Especially the LD! Makes it look more youthful and less fussy, easier to wear.

I'm after the large size in Caro! Realistically, that size will accommodate my daily life. Or medium in Lady. I love the Lady more but I can completely see myself finding the Caro less of "a thought" to wear as you suggested. Hmmm... I love the "POW" of the shiny gold CD clasp but it's still the yellow chain that bugs me... I think the darker metal in ruthenium is gorgeous but the pillowy (and sumptuously gorgeous) soft leather that is combined with is too fragile for me!

So I'm still a little torn but leaning far more towards Caro now. You've made me feel better about the lightness of the chain too. Thank you!!

I'll keep you posted on what I go for. These price increases are a killer.

So glad you were able to go into the boutique and see everything firsthand - it really makes a huge difference! I totally hear you on everything - and you’re right, the pillowy macrocannage is beautiful, but does seem a bit fragile…it’s something I’m a little more careful with after reading TraceySH’s issue with her caro a few months back. Such a tough decision, but both really are great bags. And yeah, the impending price increase is absurd.
Good luck with your decision - can’t wait to see what you choose!

Finally I’ve picked up my dream Caro! Yaay :heart::yahoo:

I took a look at ALL the caros that were in the boutique. At first I thought it might be the RDW or beige Caro, but I went for something very unexpected. Normally I also like to wear black clothes, but now I try more light colors like white, cream or rose - neutral colors. And most of the time I like to wear dresses and skirts, it’s just more comfy for me. And sometimes I like to be more sporty and basic.

Oh yes, color transfer is a serious thing. Black bags are always safe :lol:
Your Caro bag is beautiful. And red is also a good choice I think. I also looked at the blue/grey color like yours, but my heart was already beating for a different one. Yesterday was our anniversary and I wore my new Caro right away in the evening.
Interestingly, you don't even see this bag online right now. It's a slight color gradient.

My SA confirmed to me that the price increase would come in the first week of July. He says it's on everything!:panic:

Stunning!!!!!! Dior’s gradient bags really are something special!

Happy anniversary, and enjoy your gorgeous new caro!

• Love
Reactions: Jessiibelle
Hey all! Last weekend I’ve bought my second Caro bag. It’s a small Caro linen bag with roségold hardware.
Unfortunately I've noticed a few things and I don't know if this is normal or not. When the bag is closed, a clear gap can be seen on the inside. It looks kind of wrong.

The front lock’s turning bar seems to be a little loose. Turning it into the vertical position often results in +5 degree angle.

My black medium Caro is just in perfect condition and totally different.
Now I'm considering whether I should keep/exchange this bag or whether I should get a small leather Caro in the color rose des vents. The Rose des Vents color is unfortunately not available at the moment (I'm in Germany). And I really hope there is no price increase in July..

What are your experiences with linen/tweed bags? Are they durable? Are they sewn well? Color transfer? Etc.

Please Help! :frown:

View attachment 5435596

View attachment 5435597

View attachment 5435598

View attachment 5435599

View attachment 5435600

View attachment 5435601
Can I please ask how you've found the Caro so far? I've heard a few complaints of the chain gold chipping off due to the friction.. have you had that?

Can I please ask how you've found the Caro so far? I've heard a few complaints of the chain gold chipping off due to the friction.. have you had that?
Yes of course, you’re welcome. I bought my first Caro bag in black (with slightly grained calfskin) around mid-2020, which was also my first Dior bag ever. I'm really impressed with how well the bag is holding up. The chain still shines beautifully and the leather is scratch-free (can be easily polished away if there are small scratches). The only thing I watch out for with the chain is how I store it and when detaching the chain for a strap, for example. There are small signs of wear in the opening part of the chain, but not really noticeable. Otherwise everything is perfect. I am very happy with my Caro!

Would you like to get a Caro?

Thank
Yes of course, you’re welcome. I bought my first Caro bag in black (with slightly grained calfskin) around mid-2020, which was also my first Dior bag ever. I'm really impressed with how well the bag is holding up. The chain still shines beautifully and the leather is scratch-free (can be easily polished away if there are small scratches). The only thing I watch out for with the chain is how I store it and when detaching the chain for a strap, for example. There are small signs of wear in the opening part of the chain, but not really noticeable. Otherwise everything is perfect. I am very happy with my Caro!

Would you like to get a Caro?
Thanks for sharing!! Yea I've been considering the small black or the blue/grey!!

Been following this thread for a while, I'm in love with the Caro! :heart:

Love that it can be dressed up or down. I'm torn between beige and warm taupe... My wardrobe mostly consists of neutral colours (white, black, navy, dusty pink), and my style is more feminine.

Would like to ask if anyone has the warm taupe and maybe some mod shots? :smile: Open to hear other thoughts too! Thanks :smile:
My reply might be a bit late but here I am with the medium warm taupe I got last year. And then the black, grey & taupe side by side (they’re looking slightly darker in the 2nd photo).C0C18004-FC09-4DA0-816C-B86B4EC09DEC.jpeg7678FF53-7C68-4EF4-BA7A-A3D661F0847E.jpeg