Dior Cannage Lambskin Clutch or Chanel Camellia WOC?

Which bag?

• Chanel Camellia WOC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In searching these two handbags I came across this blog, and I thought it might be helpful to get some feedback.

I am planning on purchasing a new handbag as a Christmas gift to myself while I’m in Las Vegas. I am torn between the pink Chanel Camellia wallet on a chain and the Dior lambskin clutch. This is my first designer handbag purchase in over 10 years. I tend to wear more nondescript handbags during the daytime, such as a black leather Nieman Marcus tote. I like things that are Classic, feminine, and understated. I’m not a fan of logos, so I would never wear a Louis Vuitton monogram or any sort of Gucci monogram things like that etc.

I’m leaning more towards the Dior because I’m finding the brand to be a little bit more exclusive, and I find that not everybody is wearing a Dior. I have also heard that the quality of their handbags is very good. Also the bag is 1k less and comes with two inserts.

However, I really do love Chanel and I use all of their make up and skin care. I also have the retired medallion caviar tote.

I posted the two bags I am deciding between. I realize I can buy one and then next year purchase the other. That being said, I think the camellia woc is limited edition, so I’m not sure if they will have it much longer.

Anyone have either of these bags? Any feedback or comments or thoughts are welcome- thank you

Attachments

• 4AFBBC39-F869-41D5-AA16-D2AA1EF80873.png
    4AFBBC39-F869-41D5-AA16-D2AA1EF80873.png
    670 KB · Views: 162
  • 0E01DCC6-4CA9-4BDF-A597-8961288B192C.jpeg
    0E01DCC6-4CA9-4BDF-A597-8961288B192C.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 164
  • CBBB27BE-1CCE-4483-AC65-A61D4ADD2910.png
    CBBB27BE-1CCE-4483-AC65-A61D4ADD2910.png
    473.7 KB · Views: 167
In searching these two handbags I came across this blog, and I thought it might be helpful to get some feedback.

I am planning on purchasing a new handbag as a Christmas gift to myself while I’m in Las Vegas. I am torn between the pink Chanel Camellia wallet on a chain and the Dior lambskin clutch. This is my first designer handbag purchase in over 10 years. I tend to wear more nondescript handbags during the daytime, such as a black leather Nieman Marcus tote. I like things that are Classic, feminine, and understated. I’m not a fan of logos, so I would never wear a Louis Vuitton monogram or any sort of Gucci monogram things like that etc.

I’m leaning more towards the Dior because I’m finding the brand to be a little bit more exclusive, and I find that not everybody is wearing a Dior. I have also heard that the quality of their handbags is very good. Also the bag is 1k less and comes with two inserts.

However, I really do love Chanel and I use all of their make up and skin care. I also have the retired medallion caviar tote.

I posted the two bags I am deciding between. I realize I can buy one and then next year purchase the other. That being said, I think the camellia woc is limited edition, so I’m not sure if they will have it much longer.

Anyone have either of these bags? Any feedback or comments or thoughts are welcome- thank you
I suggest the Lady Dior, not just because I have a bias towards Dior, but it's for all the reasons you said. In addition, it comes with the card organizers inside which the WOC doesn't come with.

I own only two Dior bags; this one and the same one in black. I love them. They’re timeless and understated; and f you really want to fly under the radar you don’t have to put the Dior charm on.

Great bags, reasonably roomy and the lambskin isn’t nearly as delicate as I feared. I’m happy I bought these at launch and got the lower price, but I’d buy them again. :smile:

I have the black patent leather clutch and I love it. Simple, elegant and nicely appointed with the card holder and zippered pouch. It’s very comfortable to wear, too. My son liked the fact that it didn’t have a giant logo. Good luck with your decision.

Looks like a Dior is a winner so far! I saw a pink patent in the same style that is very pretty, but I’ve heard patent gets ruined easily or yellows overtime. I wasn’t sure about getting it.

I suggest the Lady Dior, not just because I have a bias towards Dior, but it's for all the reasons you said. In addition, it comes with the card organizers inside which the WOC doesn't come with.
To add even more choices I find this pink patent very pretty for spring- but I am not sure about how a light colored patent will hold up? Hopefully in January when I see the choices in person I can decide! Lambskin or patent? My other choice the pale pink lambskin is also at risk for getting dirty as well.

Attachments

• 0205BC1B-C6E6-466B-BA6A-A81561E2420F.jpeg
    0205BC1B-C6E6-466B-BA6A-A81561E2420F.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 97
Hi! I prefer the lambskin for a couple of reasons. First, I strongly prefer the champagne gold hardware over the silver hardware on the patent. That champagne gold is really unique and beautiful. Second, the patent finish is prone to yellowing and color transfer and is difficult to repair. The lambskin could potentially be dyed if anything were to happen, though I find Dior's lambskin pretty durable.