Dior - Canada - repair/warranty

Jul 12, 2009
Hello ladies,

I'm hoping that you can help me out. I purchased this Dior wallet/organizer while in New Zealand last September.
IMG%5D

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/ms_smartypants/dior3.jpg

I use it everyday. It hasn't even been a year and it is showing wear on both sides.
IMG%5D
IMG%5D
IMG%5D
IMG%5D

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/ms_smartypants/dior2.jpg and http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/ms_smartypants/Dior1.jpg

What is the policy at Dior for fixing/repairing these types of things?

Also, I'm in Canada so would my best bet be to call/email the Dior in Montreal? Does anyone have an email address? Is there another location?

TIA!!!

The only Dior available in Canada thus far is the boutiques within Holt Renfrew. Only a few Holt Renfrew locations in Canada have them which are Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. Good Luck!

I'm not impressed. I called the Dior boutique in Montreal and after I told them my story (the leather in certain sections of the wallet being worn off despite being less than a year old), the SA said that I could send it to her and they would see what they could do. She also acknowledged that what is happening to my wallet, shouldn't be happening. After telling her that I purchased the wallet in a Dior Boutique in NZ, she changed her tune and said that there is absolutely NOTHING she could do for me. Apparently, they have a policy (introduced in the last 6 months whereby they do not fix/exchange/warranty anything purchased from outside of North America!!!! So despite being purchased at a Dior boutique, despite being under a year old, despite the SA acknowledging that what is happening shouldn't happen and should be fixed/exchanged, they can do nothing for me!! Beware fellow Canucks!

She then suggested I call the head office in NYC which I did. I still haven't heard from HQ. The next step is to call the boutique in NZ. What a pain!!!

I love Dior but this is in no way luxury brand service!!

That's the first I've heard of that new six-month policy; maybe it's something to do with Dior in North America. If you'll be ringing the Auckland store you can verify that by speaking to the manager there, who is also the retail operations manager for Dior Oceania. PM me for her name.

That's the first I've heard of that new six-month policy; maybe it's something to do with Dior in North America. If you'll be ringing the Auckland store you can verify that by speaking to the manager there, who is also the retail operations manager for Dior Oceania. PM me for her name.

Thanks for your help. You've got mail!

eminere™;11995236 said:
By the way, did you speak with the manager of the Montreal boutique or just an SA?

I spoke with an SA. I'll try again tomorrow and try to speak with the manager. Maybe I'll also try the Toronto store to see if they give me the same line.

Ah, man that really sucks - just because you didn't buy it locally doesn't mean that you shouldn't be deserving of a repair. I really hope that the manager is able to resolve it. IF the manager gives you crap - I strongly suggest complaining to Holt Renfrew, although Dior is a lease partner of Holts, they have some sway over the actions of their leasees.

Good luck !!!

ayla i agree with you its a shame . a dior wallet still remain a dior wallet no mather where you buy it ! even if they dont offer the warranty outside of america , they can at least try to repair it + they still make money out of it because repairs are not cheap !
i saw that avelle repairs used handbag ( they are kinda overpriced compare to dior store i must warn you ) but at least they are not picky . try to see if avelle can repair your wallet .

:mad:

After having calling another Dior location (in Vancouver), I was told that I should sent my wristlet/wallet to the nearest Dior for inspection. I called the Montreal store again to confirm and a different SA (to the one that told me about the 6 month policy) told me to send in the item to the attention of the manager. As the Dior boutique is in the Holt Renfrew, I was able to send via their internal mail. I did this the very next morning. Two weeks later (today), the manager calls me to tell me that there is nothing they can do. The reason? I purchased the item in a different zone and as the North American stores does not/did not carry this item, they cannot repair it or replace it. In fact, the manager told me that they cannot repair/replace any items that have been purchased outside of the North American zone. If it's outside the zone, they do not deal with it. So beware if you shop for Dior in Europe or Asia!!!! If anything happens to your item, you're SOL. Now it's my responsibility to see if a store in the Oceania/Asia zone will help me.

This item was over $800 and didn't even last one year!

I would have hoped that they would have offered to exchange the wallet for another one but they did not offer and I (stupidly) did not ask.

Lucky for me, DH will be going to Hong Kong in September since they are considered in the same zone as Auckland (where I purchased this item). I will have him head to a Dior boutique to see if they can do anything.

This has really soured my experience with Dior. This is a worldwide luxury brand with poor customer service. No more Dior for me. Next time, I'll head to Louis Vuitton!

no offence but louis vutton have an even worse service and cost even more than dior for very simple repair ....... and the bag have limited warranty .

i can't believe that dior cannot take it for repair because of those zone. i never heard about it before . there is an alternative solution for you . since dior store cannot repair it and you cannot use your warranty , if you dnt really care about that warranty , you can send it to some other repair store ( like avelle ) they do amazing repairs on handbag , maybe they can repair your wallet .

no offence but louis vutton have an even worse service and cost even more than dior for very simple repair ....... and the bag have limited warranty .

i can't believe that dior cannot take it for repair because of those zone. i never heard about it before . there is an alternative solution for you . since dior store cannot repair it and you cannot use your warranty , if you dnt really care about that warranty , you can send it to some other repair store ( like avelle ) they do amazing repairs on handbag , maybe they can repair your wallet .

Unless I'm mistaken, Avelle doesn't service/ship outside the U.S. I'm in Canada.:sad: Thanks for the advice!

well if you need help i can be your middle man. you can send the wallet to me and i will send it to avelle (i dont know how much it will cost though... i did it only for my handbag i never send them a wallet before) . i know how much of a pain it is because i bought a bag in europe and when i came in america they told me the warranty wouldnt work even though i still had the original receipt ....

Do you have any store similar to avelle in canada ?