Dinner/salsa dancing date next week and what to wear??

EEk! Ok I'm giggling like a 16 year old here, LOL.

Thank you all SO much for your help. OK, I'm gonna wear that black betsey johnson dress and KNOCK MY DATE'S SOCKS OFF. I don't wear dresses very much so I'm always a little self conscious wearing dresses a few years old not knowing if they are still passable or now out of date.

You guys ROCK!! and I promise I will let you know how it goes.

I occassionally salsa dance and I think the dress is perfect. My strong advice to you is to wear proper shoes. I suggest comfortable heels that fit properly and are not the slightest bit too big. You will not be having fun if your heel keeps coming up out of your shoe when you are trying to spin!!! Try wearing shoes with leather soles that are scuffed a little. Whatever you do don't wear shoes that have rubber soles. It will make it so hard to turn and spin. Have fun! I can't wait to hear about it.

I love the dress! It's way more sassy than the original outfit you suggested. :graucho:

The shoes and clutch sound perfect. I would just throw on a little black cardigan (at least during dinner) in case it's cold...

I occassionally salsa dance and I think the dress is perfect. My strong advice to you is to wear proper shoes. I suggest comfortable heels that fit properly and are not the slightest bit too big. You will not be having fun if your heel keeps coming up out of your shoe when you are trying to spin!!! Try wearing shoes with leather soles that are scuffed a little. Whatever you do don't wear shoes that have rubber soles. It will make it so hard to turn and spin. Have fun! I can't wait to hear about it.

great tip about shoes, lawchick! Thankfully the ones I am wearing are about 3" but very broken in and are definitely leather soles scuffed up a little.

Woo hoo! Wish me luck, ladies, I'm a salsa newb but at least thanks to your help I'll look fab!! :heart: