Dinky24 vs Dinky vs Foldover Crossbody vs something else

Pincurls

Jul 26, 2017
Ok Coachie Braintrust,

I need your wisdom. DH and I are going to Ireland next month and I want to pack light but still look nice. Among other things this means that my handbag needs to be multifunctional. I am looking for something that I can keep essentials in at the airport (passport holder, small wallet, boarding pass, phone), be low profile and fit close to the body in crowded city streets, be large enough to keep my prescription sunglasses case in, and be day-to-evening convertible. I don't think I would ever be willing to shell out what Chanel wants for a Classic Flap or even a Chanel WOC, but I like the idea of a convertible chain strap for functionality and added security.
The foldover crossbody looked very WOC-like in photos, but I could be wrong. Would a hard glasses case fit inside?
How do the Dinky and Dinky 24 compare in their actual carrying capacity?
I was also thinking about just getting a Dinky Chain Strap and putting it on my small Chelsea. It has a minimalist elegance and I like the capacity.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hi, a sunglasses case would never fit in a fold over Crossbody, which holds very little in my opinion. Also, I can't speak about a Dinky 24 but I do have a Dinky which I consider very small, use only rarely, and would never work for me on a trip. Your small Chelsea seems like the better choice, but have you looked at a small Prairie bag or Nomad Crossbody? These would hold more and still look very nice. (I guess you can tell from this post that I am Not a small bag person)!! :amuse:

Reactions: Pincurls
I have several of the foldover crossbodies and love them. It is more of a wallet on a chain than a handbag. It has the slots for cards built in so no wallet needed. I can still fit my sunglasses but in a slim soft case and my iPhone 6 as well. I visit New Orleans frequently and it's my bag of choice to walk around in as it's very lightweight and close to the body. I change the leather strap to the chain one for evening wear. It is small but works best for me when I'm walking around all day and need something comfortable to not wear down my shoulders.

I do not own a dinky 24 but do have the regular size. The kisslock interior does take up room so makes it harder to pack stuff in.

If you love your Chelsea, I would get the chain and use that handbag (save you some money to buy something else in Ireland!)

Reactions: Pincurls
Dinky 24 actually fits quite a bit more than dinky, but the strap isn't adjustable. You'd have to be happy where it fell crossbody wise or else you could double for shoulder wear or bring an extra adjustable strap when wearing crossbody.

When I use dinky 24, my phone goes in back slip pocket, hard sunglasses case in front gusset slip pocket, soft slim wallet and chapstick in main compartment, and gum/eye drops in kiss lock. There is still room inside in the main compartment for additional small items.

All the above would fit in regular dinky, but it's a lot tighter of a fit and I usually have to do without the sunglasses case or use a card case VS wallet.

Rats, I was afraid of that. I almost got one during the sale, but had already bought two bags and several SLGs, so I decided against further shopping. This will be my second time in your lovely country and I cannot wait! :smile:
The beauty of coach leather is that it survives Irish rain beautifully there is a reason my country is so green lol enjoy. The Crosby is much better than dinky as the leather is so flexible and the two compartments hold so much mine has been on the beaches and survived sand too. Where are you visiting?

The beauty of coach leather is that it survives Irish rain beautifully there is a reason my country is so green lol enjoy. The Crosby is much better than dinky as the leather is so flexible and the two compartments hold so much mine has been on the beaches and survived sand too. Where are you visiting?
Galway/Inis Mor, Dublin, and Cork area. Thanks for the reply! Sounds like I should be looking on re-sale websites.

Galway/Inis Mor, Dublin, and Cork area. Thanks for the reply! Sounds like I should be looking on re-sale websites.
Lovely areas hope you get some decent weather fingers crossed. We still have some crosbys on retail sites over here but may not ship I guess they are fab wee bags so light and can be casual or dressy hope you find one or two lol

I think the Chelsea would work great. I have one. For a small bag, it holds quite a bit. I can carry my sunglasses along with a full sized wallet.