Dimensions of the Charlotte Bag

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
O.G.
Jun 17, 2012
After watching the QVC presentation of the new Charlotte in croco, I was trying to figure out how it compares in size to other bags. I found these measurements on the Dooney website...

Charlotte: 11-3/4"W x 9-3/4"H x 5"D

Small Lexington 11-3/4"W x 10-1.2"H x 3-1/2"D

Regular Lexington 14"W x 12"H x 4"D

Zip Zip Satchel 12"W x 9-3/4"H x 5-1/4"D

Apparently Charlotte is almost the same size as the Zip Zip satchel, so I guess I'll pass on it for now.

There is probably still more room in the Charlotte because the Zip zip tapers so much at the top. That's just a guess since I haven't seen the Charlotte IRL.

I love my small Lexington, its just perfect for me, as is the zip zip. I find that now that I'm not working any more, I am trending to smaller bags. Those croco colors looked gorgeous in the charlotte, so I couldn't resist, but what a hard decision between the ivy and marine! Got the ivy.

By the way, there is a zip zip in croco , no picture last night yet, but maybe today.

After watching the QVC presentation of the new Charlotte in croco, I was trying to figure out how it compares in size to other bags. I found these measurements on the Dooney website...

Charlotte: 11-3/4"W x 9-3/4"H x 5"D

Small Lexington 11-3/4"W x 10-1.2"H x 3-1/2"D

Regular Lexington 14"W x 12"H x 4"D

Zip Zip Satchel 12"W x 9-3/4"H x 5-1/4"D

Apparently Charlotte is almost the same size as the Zip Zip satchel, so I guess I'll pass on it for now.

Thanks for the numbers.😊

The Charlotte, to me, looks like the Janine's taller sister. Very appealing to me in this style particularly when I'm not a croco fan.

I love my small Lexington, its just perfect for me, as is the zip zip. I find that now that I'm not working any more, I am trending to smaller bags. Those croco colors looked gorgeous in the charlotte, so I couldn't resist, but what a hard decision between the ivy and marine! Got the ivy.

By the way, there is a zip zip in croco , no picture last night yet, but maybe today.

I guess I'm used to carrying bigger bags, so its weird to be going smaller. :biggrin: I have bought both sizes of the Lexingtons and found the large too large and the small too small!! I was hoping the Charlotte would be a great in-between size. (Of course, before I bought my zip zip, I thought it would be too small but it turned out to be perfect.)

I also loved all the colors! My favorites were the ivy and the dark gray, so after obsessing for a couple of hours I ordered the dark gray and the matching phone wristlet thing. Then I canceled that order and changed it to the dark gray croco zip zip. :lol: Let's see if I make it through the day without canceling that order, too. :biggrin:

I guess I'm used to carrying bigger bags, so its weird to be going smaller. :biggrin: I have bought both sizes of the Lexingtons and found the large too large and the small too small!! I was hoping the Charlotte would be a great in-between size. (Of course, before I bought my zip zip, I thought it would be too small but it turned out to be perfect.)

I also loved all the colors! My favorites were the ivy and the dark gray, so after obsessing for a couple of hours I ordered the dark gray and the matching phone wristlet thing. Then I canceled that order and changed it to the dark gray croco zip zip. :lol: Let's see if I make it through the day without canceling that order, too. :biggrin:

I love he dark gray. I was torn between the dark gray and the Bordeaux I can't wait to see your new bag, either one is going to be great! I really do love that Charlotte. I find the regular lexington is too big for me, but the small was a bit small. However with the Charlotte being a little bigger in the bottom depth I think it might be perfect.

Waiting to see the croco zip zip. If I like the colors, I may cancel the charlotte. That green was just so vibrant.

I have seen the croco zip zips at Macy's (and I bought the cognac). That's my dilemma...I know I like the zip zip but the jury is still out on the Charlotte since I haven't seen that one IRL. I LOVED that green; it was hard to choose a color.

I'm thinking that the Charlotte will seem a little larger than the zip zip because of the squared off corners instead of the rounded corners of the zip zip.

I love he dark gray. I was torn between the dark gray and the Bordeaux I can't wait to see your new bag, either one is going to be great! I really do love that Charlotte. I find the regular lexington is too big for me, but the small was a bit small. However with the Charlotte being a little bigger in the bottom depth I think it might be perfect.

Did you order the saffiano zip zip, TB? I was reading the reviews on the saffiano Charlotte, and there were several comments about how stiff the bag is. Did you find that when you saw the zip zips in the store?

I have seen the croco zip zips at Macy's (and I bought the cognac). That's my dilemma...I know I like the zip zip but the jury is still out on the Charlotte since I haven't seen that one IRL. I LOVED that green; it was hard to choose a color.

I'm thinking that the Charlotte will seem a little larger than the zip zip because of the squared off corners instead of the rounded corners of the zip zip.

Seen you have seen them, did the colors look as vibrant as the ones in the charlotte did? I love the zip zip, but the only thing I don't like is the way the long handles attach. But I can live with it. The advantage in the charlotte is that it can be carried on the shoulder.

Did you order the saffiano zip zip, TB? I was reading the reviews on the saffiano Charlotte, and there were several comments about how stiff the bag is. Did you find that when you saw the zip zips in the store?

I didn't order it yet. I've placed it in my cart twice and both times QVC removed it. They don't respect the cart. Lol! I didn't find it too stiff, but it definitely has structure. To me the Charlotte seems more structured maybe because of the design. I've been reading the reviews on the saffiano zip zip and it has 18 reviews, all of them 5 star. It makes me want to order it more! What's holding me back is if it shows up at the outlet this month I can get the 30/25 deal with the breast cancer donation coupon. It will take $100 off the price. What to do, what to do.... I would rather have a little extra in my pocket and donate some to a good cause than to give it to QVC. I give them enough money!!

I also think the Croco Charlotte is probably just as stiff as the saffiano Charlotte. What do you think?

Seen you have seen them, did the colors look as vibrant as the ones in the charlotte did? I love the zip zip, but the only thing I don't like is the way the long handles attach. But I can live with it. The advantage in the charlotte is that it can be carried on the shoulder.

Yes, the colors are exactly the same since they are part of the same collection. CLICK!

I was just looking for something I own that would be a similar size to the Charlotte, and found that my florentine medium pocket satchel is very close in size! This bag is 12"W x 8-1/4"H x 5"D...

7e9853e7-7fc4-4f5a-8a59-485230be0a1c_zps1a11ae85.jpg

The shape is similar to the Charlotte with the squared off top corners. I wear this satchel kind of low on the hip, so the size is good for that. Still thinking!!! :thinking:

I didn't order it yet. I've placed it in my cart twice and both times QVC removed it. They don't respect the cart. Lol! I didn't find it too stiff, but it definitely has structure. To me the Charlotte seems more structured maybe because of the design. I've been reading the reviews on the saffiano zip zip and it has 18 reviews, all of them 5 star. It makes me want to order it more! What's holding me back is if it shows up at the outlet this month I can get the 30/25 deal with the breast cancer donation coupon. It will take $100 off the price. What to do, what to do.... I would rather have a little extra in my pocket and donate some to a good cause than to give it to QVC. I give them enough money!!
That's weird...did your cart time out? After an hour, they move stuff out of the cart automatically.

It's tough to try to figure out what will show up at the outlets. I expect the Dooney VIP sale the middle of this month, which will be 20% off online and 25% off in boutiques IIRC. So, there is ALWAYS going to be a better deal!!

I also think the Croco Charlotte is probably just as stiff as the saffiano Charlotte. What do you think?
I really don't know. I don't find the croco zip zip to be stiff at all, though it's structured. The leather is pretty flexible and I like the way the top opens wide. (Which is one complaint I saw about the saffiano Charlotte...the top opening doesn't open wide enough, though that is subjective I'm sure.)