Dillen 2 double strap satchel vs Florentine satchel

I asked if they could search other stores and she said no one had any, but they just started showing up in cobalt so she thought more would be coming. I was shocked at how nice they were, the Coach outlet people never seemed willing to lift a finger, but that was probably just my outlet, I've heard good things about others. Here's hoping one comes in soon! Of course I forgot to ask what the price was, oops :smile:

Well that's great that they are going to call you. Jill said they love phone orders and to call anytime. She said I could spread the word. :smile: price doesn't get in the way of a girl and her bag when it's "the one" :smile: lol

Hi everyone! I am a newbie to D&B, I was a Coach addict but haven't really liked what's been coming out lately. I saw the florentine satchel on QVC this weekend and fell in love. I found a natural small satchel on Nordstroms on sale and it came today. I'm nervous about scratches and water getting on the bag. I started digging and found the older style of the dillen 2 satchels, which looks identical to the florentine. It seems like that would solve my problem, I'd get the look of the bag with the more durable leather. It looks like they are not making it anymore, does anyone know if that is a discontinued style? I've only found a few on eBay, I'd prefer natural in that one, but it looks like dillens aren't made in natural. Does anyone have both? If anyone has the dillen, does it end up slouching like the florentine or is dillen leather more stiff? Thanks!!

Hi hawkeye! I wanted to chime in too, though I must say that I agree with the others replies to your inquiry ;) I have a couple of the Dilllen's and several Florentines. The Dillen is much different. I love all of my Dooney's, but my very favorite are the Florentines because the quality of the leather is simply amazing... I've had mine out in the rain (light rain) and you can't tell there were rain drops when it dried. The smudges rub right out and the more you use them, the more beautiful they become.

Actually, in my opinion, I think the Florentine is more durable -- although I really don't have any reason to back that opinion. The leather is thicker, smells heavenly! and just seems like it will last forever~

I do think that you will absolutely love both. I love my Dillens, but by far my favorite is the Florentines :biggrin:

Hi hawkeye! I wanted to chime in too, though I must say that I agree with the others replies to your inquiry ;) I have a couple of the Dilllen's and several Florentines. The Dillen is much different. I love all of my Dooney's, but my very favorite are the Florentines because the quality of the leather is simply amazing... I've had mine out in the rain (light rain) and you can't tell there were rain drops when it dried. The smudges rub right out and the more you use them, the more beautiful they become.

Actually, in my opinion, I think the Florentine is more durable -- although I really don't have any reason to back that opinion. The leather is thicker, smells heavenly! and just seems like it will last forever~

I do think that you will absolutely love both. I love my Dillens, but by far my favorite is the Florentines :biggrin:

Thank you for chiming in! I love hearing everyone's opinion. It's good to know the florentine is durable, I think I'm just being a worrywart. :smile: I'm going to order the Apple conditioner and Garde and stop worrying and just enjoy the bag ;)

I think I may have found the perfect solution: I saw the florentine double strap tassel satchel in another post, it has shoulder straps (which I prefer) instead of handles and a long strap. I could only find a couple on eBay. I took a chance and called the outlet in ******* and they had 4 of the natural!!! I think this will be the perfect way for me to get the natural florentine style and then I won't feel as guilty for planning to get a dillen satchel. :smile: I can't believe they were so awesome for shipping it all the way to Iowa! It was 30% off + $25 off so it ends up around $260! Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions, you are all the best and I'm glad I can share my excitement with you, as my friends will think I'm crazy ;)

I think I may have found the perfect solution: I saw the florentine double strap tassel satchel in another post, it has shoulder straps (which I prefer) instead of handles and a long strap. I could only find a couple on eBay. I took a chance and called the outlet in ******* and they had 4 of the natural!!! I think this will be the perfect way for me to get the natural florentine style and then I won't feel as guilty for planning to get a dillen satchel. :smile: I can't believe they were so awesome for shipping it all the way to Iowa! It was 30% off + $25 off so it ends up around $260! Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions, you are all the best and I'm glad I can share my excitement with you, as my friends will think I'm crazy ;)

Oh that's awesome that they had some in stock. I don't think you will be disappointed at all, especially at that price. It's a gorgeous bag. Can't wait to see it.

Sorry for the rapid posts but they just called me back - the bag is actually 50% off instead of 30% so it'll be around $200!!! I wish there was a happy dance emoticon :smile:

Awesome!! I think that bag is being discontinued so they probably realized it should be 50% off. If you really like the style and want more colors, you might want to find them before they are gone. However, they'll probably be on Ebay for awhile. QVC also has them in as is and in their regular stock, but they are a little more expensive than the outlets. I hope you like it. I'll do the happy dance for you. :happydance:

It finally came today! The ******* outlet is awesome, it came in a huge box and was well packed. Here she is, along with some pics next to the small flo satchel that I am sending back (and getting a dillen in its place)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400209257.412506.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400209277.595048.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400209300.923934.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400209327.283706.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400209339.467880.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1400209350.448996.jpg

It finally came today! The ******* outlet is awesome, it came in a huge box and was well packed. Here she is, along with some pics next to the small flo satchel that I am sending back (and getting a dillen in its place)

View attachment 2618270
View attachment 2618272
View attachment 2618273
View attachment 2618274
View attachment 2618275
View attachment 2618276

Both are beautiful and perfect!! I'm glad you found a bag that works well for you. It will be nice to have one for nice weather and another one for when it rains (Dillen). She looks great on you!