Dilemma!!!

a_coachlover

Jul 26, 2011
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the medium saffiano lux tote and would say it's my dream bag in the blue or gray color (not sure what their technical name is for those colors.) I know as far as designer goes, its not that expensive but I'm having a hard time justifying spending that much money so I figured I would ask you ladies for help.

1. I know Saffiano leather is the most durable but how durable is it really? Does it last for years like LV and how do you take care of it?
2. Is this a timeless piece or more trendy? Will it be in style several years from now?
3. What is Prada's customer service like?

Lastly, I know its not super practical right now. I just had a baby 3 months ago. BUT on the flip side of that, I still always carry my purse. I just like having things separate. The SA at Prada told me yesterday the medium size is big enough to throw diapers in or what not ( I can't see throwing baby stuff in an $1800 purse but to each their own :wtf:)

I just bought a Gucci for $1000ish and I am thinking of taking it back so I can get the Prada.

So ladies, enable me!!! Or tell me why I shouldn't because I am having Prada DREAMS....:lol:

The medium can certainly do double-duty, as far as a purse and diaper bag. The medium is very roomy. I got the BN1844 and there are two pockets that can fit keys and a cellphone. There's one long zipper pocket that can hold your wallet. The middle is all open, so the world is your oyster. :smile:

My only caveat is that with the BN1844, you sort of lose the nice structure when you start carrying heavy stuff in it. I put my 13" Macbook Pro in it, and the bottom started bulging. It was even more noticeable with my son's library books in it. I can't speak to the BN1786 (with the zippers), so maybe someone else can tell you how that one holds up.

I bought the medium tote (without the zippers) can't remember the number and I absolutely love it! I used to be a LV addict, but I love Prada more than I ever did LV. They do hold ALOT although I just carry the basics. (wasn't happy about getting a Prada that had the tag cut out of it, Prada.com so I sent it back and ordered from Neiman Marcus instead).

I think sending the Gucci back for the Prada is a great idea, unless you can afford to keep both. (What color are you leaning towards?) I ended up getting black, red and caramel (?). Of all the bags I've ever had, the tote is my absolute favorite.
Good luck deciding!

I bought the medium tote (without the zippers) can't remember the number and I absolutely love it! I used to be a LV addict, but I love Prada more than I ever did LV. They do hold ALOT although I just carry the basics. (wasn't happy about getting a Prada that had the tag cut out of it, Prada.com so I sent it back and ordered from Neiman Marcus instead).

I think sending the Gucci back for the Prada is a great idea, unless you can afford to keep both. (What color are you leaning towards?) I ended up getting black, red and caramel (?). Of all the bags I've ever had, the tote is my absolute favorite.
Good luck deciding!

Add: the only problem I had with Prada online customer service is when I returned the bag. Seemed to take forever before I finally got my refund.

i say go for it! it is defintely a timeless piece.

i wanted to get one for myself however as i am still young it looks a little too 'mature' on me...hopefully in a few years! :graucho:

ive heard that saffiano leather is very strong and durable so it will defintely last for many years to come!

which gucci did u purchase? if you are not in love with that one as much as the prada i say return and get the prada! :happydance::nuts:

HTH!

What kind of coloured clothes will you wear with the blue or grey if you decide to buy?

I have the medium saffiano lux tote in red because I tend to wear white/black tops with jeans. I carry it to work as well. Looks great with smart casual work clothes!! The red really pops.

I am fairly young too (24) but I don't think this bag is too "mature" looking at all so for the poster that said that, you should get it!

I bought the medium saffiano tote today in argilla and I love the bag!! I am however not so sure if the color is completely for me or not. In answer to the question about what colors I wear, I wear a lot of black, green, purple, Greys etc. Nothing too crazy :biggrin: I really want the blue color in this tote but don't know it would clash with my wardrobe??

I do loooove this bag tho.. Even the smell is amazing ;)

I am fairly young too (24) but I don't think this bag is too "mature" looking at all so for the poster that said that, you should get it!

I bought the medium saffiano tote today in argilla and I love the bag!! I am however not so sure if the color is completely for me or not. In answer to the question about what colors I wear, I wear a lot of black, green, purple, Greys etc. Nothing too crazy :biggrin: I really want the blue color in this tote but don't know it would clash with my wardrobe??

I do loooove this bag tho.. Even the smell is amazing ;)

You are SO right about that!!!! omg:love: