Dilemma~

kumimomo

Nov 3, 2010
End of August this year, my friend helped me get a Chanel bag in Paris... Unfortunately she got me a wrong size (I wanted Jumbo while she got me a Maxi Jumbo)...

I sent it back to Chanel HK and was told that due to their exchange policy, they need me to pay the difference (almost HK$8,000 / USD$1,100) to exchange for a Jumbo... or otherwise, I need to take the bag to any shop in Europe for a free exchange...

I felt very upset as I paid more for the Maxi (about Euro150) but I need to even pay more in Hong Kong to exchange for the one I want...

here's the dilemma:-

Should I keep the Maxi Jumbo for self use?
Do u think there's big difference between Maxi Jumbo and Jumbo... or the difference is actually not obvious...?? (as the sale told me Maxi Jumbo is 'higher' than Jumbo while the width is more or less the same between the two)
Or should exchange by paying the difference...

Actually I think that it might be too troublesome to ask one to bring it back to Europe and get an exchange for me...

Please shed me light on this dilemma...

FYI, I am only 5'3'' tall... will Maxi Jumbo look a bit large on me?

Size is a matter of personal taste! Take a look at Nichole Richie in the 'Celebrities in Chanel' section, she looks great with her Maxi! Also, Nichole is very petite and thin and I love how it looks....

It is really up to you! Since you payed for it you should be completely satisfied! If you don't like it I would try to get someong to exchange it for you in Europe, or maybe try when you go yourself?

I personally am a huge fan of the Maxi. I also think its how you wear the bag, not how the bag wears you so if you want to rock it you will rock it :smile: I'm sorry you didn't get exactly what you wanted but at the same time just make sure you ask yourself why you wanted the jumbo as opposed to the maxi. If the size of it was the only reason then I think you will be fine with the maxi. Good luck!

I would get what you originally wanted, the jumbo. It is terrible you have to pay more :sad: Maybe you can sell it on ebay then buy it again if that is cheaper? I'm 5'5 and I think the Maxi Jumbo would be way too overwhelming. The jumbo is perfect for daytime for me

I'm 5'3" and I have both maxi and jumbo and I love the maxi!! It is my favourite size and I will buy more should the color appeals to me in the future.. don't be scared of the size, we petite girls could definately rock the maxi! Plus it makes a great day to day bag!

Can you resell the maxi at Hong Kong's Jumbo price?

This way someone will get a deal (as I'm sure a maxi in Hong Kong costs much more than the price you paid for your maxi) and you will get your bag!

Can you resell the maxi at Hong Kong's Jumbo price?

This way someone will get a deal (as I'm sure a maxi in Hong Kong costs much more than the price you paid for your maxi) and you will get your bag!

This is a good idea, but may not be likely to get the price of Jumbo in HK if you sell it in 2nd hand shop (they surely know how to make money to sustain their business).

Have you try on the maxi and look if you feel comfortable on you?