Dilemma

Hi, I'm totally new to this subforum but I've been a collector of the Tokidoki bags since 2006. I think I registered for the Purse Forum because I was very interested in the original Tokidoki LSS Print but it had sold out. I've moved on to lurking in the miu miu forums now, but I have a dilemma:

I saw another fellow tPFer who had asked whether she should keep or sell her bags and I'm in the same situation. Most of my collection is the LSS tokidokis and like 2 from Simone Legno's current line. I think I have 20+ Tokidoki bags and accessories and I do need to sell them to fund my new purse addiction, most of them still have tags on them. So I guess my question is whether I should get rid of the bags now or sell them later once we get out of the recession. I'm lurking on eBay and I've noticed no one's really buying or bidding on the tokidoki bags...:sad:

Does anyone know of consignment shops that would offer good money?

You should hang onto your bags until maybe December, right now economy is picking up albeit very slowly. Believe me you'd sell for more cash when people are willing to spend some.

Thanks for the advice. Yea I think I'll hold onto my bags, hopefully it'll pick up by December during the Holiday season. I was also thinking of selling some off to my roommate, but with friends I always feel obligated to lower the price. What cut do you think is reasonable when selling it to someone you know? I was thinking of selling them half off... but I'm hoping to sell for something at least close to what I paid originally though through eBay or other sites...

Any advice would be super appreciated!

You should hang onto your bags until maybe December, right now economy is picking up albeit very slowly. Believe me you'd sell for more cash when people are willing to spend some.

IMO, if you have older bags that have the tags, you should be getting close to retail for them (if not more). seems like the older LSS line is more desired but I agree that you should wait until closer to the holidays.

As for selling them to friends, depends on how close i guess...but the benefit would be you would still get to see them around. I think half off is alot unless they are used... you can still use past auctions as your guide to what you may be able to get, some prints/styles do better than others.

i'd list them on ebay. i think the first 5 things that you list are free. just list them at some ridiculously high price--if they sell, great, if they don't, you haven't invested much. i've done that with some bags and things that i wasn't sure if i wanted to sell. if somebody is willing to fork over big bucks, then why not sell?

Thanks for all your responses. I think I may try your method first Bunnyville lol. Although my experience is that with eBAy I never like the excessive amount of fees at the start price and normally when you list high, no one buys. But I'll try it anyways....

LoL... I agree, but I didn't want to be a meanie especially since I know my roommate's been eyeing my tokidoki bags. I'll see what she offers

Ooh my intention wasn't to be mean, I meant you might get sentimental if friend treated the bag badly, or will kick yourself if you learn that you could've profited much more from an auction.