Dilemma: WOC or Classic Flap?

lemmons84

No. 1 Vice: Bags
Oct 4, 2006
I've narrowed it down with your help and now it's down to either the wallet on chain or the classic flap, both in the caviar skin. Which should I get? This is my first Chanel bag ever!!

That's what I'm thinking, however, there is something that draws me to the WOC...do those of you that have the WOC use it during the day and at night or just at night to go out? For those of you have have both, do you use them equally and for what occasions?

can you get both? lol! ...or flap 1st, save, and get woc on the next pay day! :graucho:

i recently got both -- just couldn't resist a woc! now planning to get in different styles and colors. used it on all occasions, day to night. very versatile. either alone, or double as a make-up case and wallet in 1 inside a regular bag. luv it in cross-body style, totally hands-free!

here are mine: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/first-reveal-my-second-and-third-441769-2.html
woc and light beige flap.

goodluck deciding!

I think a purse would probably be more useful, at least for me since I carry a lot of stuff around, but if you don't carry a lot a WOC would probably be a good buy and it is a lot cheaper than buying a flap. Just be honest about how much stuff you regularly carry and get a bag where it will fit w/o being stuffed, that way you will actually use whatever you buy. I have small bags that are adorable but I never use them b/c they just don't work with my lifestyle, so I just look at them in my house basically.

The thing is, I was just looking around at some other posts and I'm getting confused between the E/W/ and the classic flap...the woman at Bergdorfs said that I was looking at a classic flap but it looks like some of the E/Ws posted here! Do you know the difference? Generally I prefer bigger bags, but I've been using my Balenciaga First bag recently and am loving it...

diff of the classic flap and e/w, aka the pouchette, are shape & size. the latter being wider or longer-looking by the sides, and a li'l height-shorter than a m/l classic flap. also only single chained w/ a short drop from the shoulder.

Chanelbabie, thank you! YES--that is the E/W that I am talking about. That solves my problem. Who knows why the woman called that a classic flap...disturbing actually. SO, the new dilemma is: WOC or E/W?