Dilemma with Gucci and Neiman Marcus

hksnoopy

O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
So ... last Wed, I was in a pretty bad mood and ended up at NM's girls Night out. I had been wanting the Gucci D ring medium hobo for awhile and was planning to order it at my Nordstrom's since I had some credit there. But when I was at NM, they have the tiered event, but the local NM's doesn't sell Gucci. I ended up getting a Burberry scarf but asked them to look up my bag in their Gucci inventory. Well apparently they had only 1 left in inventory at a store in TX and it was at a price of $295!! I was thrilled since that's over half off and they said they'd ship it to me and I paid for 2nd day air. I was on Cloud Nine thinking I'll get my bag today.

Fast forward to now ... they just called to tell me that apparently their "system wasn't updated" and they had sold the bag earlier that day and she's tried calling around but there aren't any others left. She said she'd try calling some more and the Gucci buyer and would let me know on Wed but otherwise, I might be out of luck and not get the bag at that price at that.

So.... what should I do? Should I expect more? I would think they should be able to order it. As a customer I am pretty unsatisfied. Afterall, I was on Cloud Nine thinking I had gotten the last bag at over half off and now if they can't find it or order it, I am going to have to end up paying full price for it and not get it when I thought I would. I had planned to use it over Thanksgiving weekend! And I am thinking if I had known this, I would have just ordered it at Nordstrom's last weekend and gotten it in time this weekend.

Hope this was the right forum to post...

petitechouchou

Giddy up!
Jun 9, 2009
Aw, I feel for you hksnoopy! Get your hopes up and then nothing. I would think NM would try to make things right even though their system wasn't updated. Still, I hope they can locate one and get it to you really soon. Fingers crossed that it'll come before Thanksgiving weekend...

digby723

Back to reality
May 2, 2006
While it sucks that NM sold the last bag and their system didn't update properly, I really don't think there is anyone to place blame on. You were willing to purchase the purse at full price before, so I don't think that because NM had it at half off it should change your mind on it. If you love it, then get it somewhere else, like nordstrom or the gucci boutique. If you now only love it because of the price, then it's not worth it. Hopefully NM will be able to either find you a new one or accommodate you in some other way since this was their mistake, but these errors happen all the time. Computers are just that, computers, they're not always 100% correct. Your SA did all that they could do to get your the bag, but unfortunately it was a computer error, not an SA error. Had the SA known about the bag already being sold then obviously they would not have sold it to you. Good luck!

hksnoopy

O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
Yeah I agree ... I mean I am pretty disappointed I can't get it at the sale price but I guess it is just a bummer that for 5 days I thought I would get it on time for the weekend and at half off. I would have probably been fine if they had told me immediately the next day there was a mistake and then I would have just ordered it at Nordstrom's with the credit I had there and gotten it in time! I def understand systems dont' get updated (though really, I work in software so I know a system can be updated real-time!) ... I am more disappointed than anything and thinking that I at least should have been notified earlier than today. I will live with it though - well I have to obviously since I am most likely not going to get it in time! The Nordstrom's here is sold out of it so that's why I had to order it last weekend to get it in time!