Dilemma!!! Which chanels to keep????

be7485

O.G.
Feb 20, 2011
Hey TPFers,

I need your help I recently acquired a beige clair jumbo caviar flap and it is wonderful. My chanel collection is currently consisting of :

1. jumbo beige clair caviar flap GHW (double flap)
2. jumbo black caviar flap SHW (single hardware)
3. 226 black reissue flap GHW (double flap)
4. black caviar GST GHW

There are several dilemmas. I have also always wanted a m/l classic flap to take to parties and when I don't really feel like carrying a large purse around. There is a lambskin m/l flap preowned great condition that is being offered to me at a steal price. I made a deal with my DB that if I add to my collection then some purses have to go. Problem is I am not sure which ones to let go. I also worry about maintenance of the beige clair and how often I will wear it. I also worry about the lambskin flap if it is hard to take care of/lose its "puffiness" quickly.

Please provide your thoughts. Should I return the beige clair? Should I buy the m/l flap? Is it silly to have slightly diff variations of the same bag? Are there any chanel purses that I should sell instead? What do you think would be the best combination for a chanel collection. This will be my very last addition to my chanel collection and purse collection in general.

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

is this m/l flap in black color? If so why can't you use 226 reissue as a party bag? I think 226 is small enough to work as a party bag, if you are talking about black tie party, then you should get something like clutch and not m/l flap.

Beige clair is a gorgeous bag with GHW, you should keep it since all the other bags you have are black color.
If you are more of a small bag person, then let go of either black jumbo or black GST and get the m/l flap.

wintotty said:
is this m/l flap in black color? If so why can't you use 226 reissue as a party bag? I think 226 is small enough to work as a party bag, if you are talking about black tie party, then you should get something like clutch and not m/l flap.

Beige clair is a gorgeous bag with GHW, you should keep it since all the other bags you have are black color.
If you are more of a small bag person, then let go of either black jumbo or black GST and get the m/l flap.

I totally agree with your suggestion.

Your collection is perfect, and i wouldnt suggest selling any of them.
If you can get the m/l at a really good price, then get it and dont sell any :smile: lol
i think letting go of any bags would be a regrettable decision

i agree ~ they are all keepers ~ maybe you should add a splash of RED either in m/l or clutch?? i would trade out the beige for red if i had to get rid of one but i'm a major red lover! Chanel is also known for their glorious reds in addition to black/beige...

I have a lambskin m/l and it's very versatile. I love it. I would get it if you can get it at a steal. I also have the same exact beige jumbo in GHW and it's just a timeless classic also. I would keep both if you can afford it financially.