Dilemma~ What will you girls do?

muzilulu

O.G.
Feb 4, 2007
I am new to Chanel Forum, always be the Bal girl~

I am looking for the Bubblegum Pink Caviar M/L flap, and I know it is an old bag that I will never be able to find in a boutique, so I see one online with mint condition.

But the problem is that it does not coming with an authenticity card or dustbag. Altho I am pretty sure it is authentic, it kinda bothers me.

What will you do, will you buy the bag without card or just wait for chanel issue another pink similar color, and I donno how that will be~~

Thank you all!! ;)

mod, feel free to move this to the shopping sub forum coz I am not sure this is the right place.

saira1214

O.G.
May 13, 2007
I have a couple of bags that don't have authenticity cards. It doesn't really bother me. I don't think it will be a problem if you want to sell it down the line, but I think that is personal preference. If someone really wants the bag, I don't think it would be an issue as long as they are comfortable it is authentic.

Bri 333

SCP Addict
Mar 19, 2008
The most important thing is to get it autheniticated on TPF first. We have some outstanding ladies who are experts in this on the authentication thread. It will be harder to resell without the card, but it shouldn't be a reason not to get it.

burberryprncess

Sophie ^o^
O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Keep in mind that many vintage bags are without an authenticity card because the owner lost it. I misplaced one of mine already. This is up to you. I personally do not care as long as the hologram sticker is intact.

queenofchic

Mar 17, 2008
I totally understand you. I think it narrows down to personal preference too. If it's authentic, then it shouldn't matter if it has an authenticity card or not. BUT I'm pretty anal & have passed on several bags that didn't have the auth cards (even at the boutique). I remind myself to be patient & wait for a better one to come along. I would only purchase if it was a limited edition bag & at a lower price. If you can't get it out of your mind, then you should buy it. Otherwise, just wait for Chanel to reproduce it...variations of pink come out every year...you never know when you'll get lucky...you just have to be patient.

bagmad73

O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
I say GO FOR IT!!! Sometimes we girls think too much (well I do) and if it is a bag you love, don't let not having the card or dustbag stop you. Make sure you get it authenticated here first though.