Dilemma: Someone asks for help in getting a Birkin.

What a collection of stories of remarkably graceless women!

Smurfet you handled a difficult situation perfectly, you were at a work function!

Eric-I cant believe she tried to cajole you into selling your bag. I am speechless!

I think the other really important thing to bear in mind is that if you use your influence with your SA, that hard earned relationship could suffer. Either because you introduce the person and she is obnoxious to your SA, or you might order something on their behalf and by the time it arrives they decide they dont want it....

Ummm...to be honest, it was I that did the hanging up. I was getting so riled up, I thought it was better than what else I thought was gonna come out of my mouth.

Sorry about that! I miss read your post. You hanging up is ok - you never acted insincerely:tup:. She's the one that was using you only for personal gain. HER hanging up would have been even more :tdown:.
:flowers:

HAHA she dug herself into a hole, Eric, you didn't have to do any work at all!!!!
The gall of these people just...make me go 'WOW' sometimes.
I'm sorry that you had to deal with this!
Don't worry, we love your Birkins but we love you more!

:amazed:
OMG. Eric. How awful!
OMG Smufret. How awful!

This is my face right now
:shocked:

These two ladies (using the term loosly) need one of these
:lecture:
And one of these
:bagslap:

You two are so gracious.
:angel:

This is why you have found your way into the wonderful world of Hermes, and they never will...

Smurfet, perhaps it is not too late for the attorney in your office?
Can you pull her aside and explain something about discretion? In a nice way?
She sounds horrible, as bad as Erics case!!!

what the?!?! eric!.. that woman just wants to show off a birkin on her rotten arm! she's not worth the bag given her stinkin attitude. I reckon you should warn the shops about her and advise the SAs about her cavalier attitude towards such an important bag.

sorry, eric, but i hate people who use and abuse others. but since you seem so nice and hurt by her unwanted attention, i am guessing it will be easier for you to let her down gently.

Ohmigawd, she sound like a total biatch! Eric, you are too nice to even bother yourself with her affairs. If she wanted a Hermes bag she should get it HERSELF, and not make use of you. How mean! It's a good thing you hung up the phone on her, I hope she don't pester you in the future. If it were me I would probably scream at her there and then to stop bothering me, lol.

By the way, mind helping me get a Birkin too :graucho::graucho::graucho: Just kidding, I can't afford that, not in the next 10 years anyway haha.

Wow. People have some nerve. Good for you Eric for giving it to her straight. I just hope she doesn't bother you anymore or starts telling everyone how you wouldn't help her. :sad: But if she did, I'm sure you would handle that situation with class too. :tup: