Dilemma.. should i sell my Chanel?

-jjjjjan

Feb 3, 2010
Hi ladies,

I would really appreciate your input!

I currently have the 227 black matte reissue with ruthenium hardware and i got it at a fantastic price late last year. It cost me about S$3600 which roughly translates to USD2553 :nuts:. I don't carry it much because my wardrobe consists of mainly pastels and floral prints (think spring!) so i tend to use my beige clair more often.

It's not that i don't like the reissue but i constantly think of selling it to get one in ghw but i initially got the ruthenium because i wanted a day bag more. I know that i should sell it if i'm not feeling the love but that's the problem, I can't decide if i do like it or not!! I just took the bag out and i fell in love with it again! Sigh, this is killing me! And one of the other reasons i'm hesitant to sell it is because of the awesome price i got it for. I'll probably make a little out of selling it because of the price increase but i'm worried that i might regret my decision and buy the same bag back again! :sweatdrop:

I was thinking of selling it to get a balenciaga either in anthracite or tempete which would equally be as good as a day bag but the bal is probably not as work appropriate? there will definitely be different places where a chanel is more appropriate than a bal 'cos the latter is more "grunge".

help meeeee....!! :wondering please be as brutal and honest as possible!

you should probably wait since you're having doubts. see if you it will be able to work with your outfits. and if you're not using it for a really long time... maybe then you should.

That is a really good price for a 227 here! I think you should give it a little time since you are not sure whether you love her or not. Are you able to get the Bal without selling your reissue? If yes, don't sell the reissue just yet. If no, how much do you want the Bal? I that is something you really really want, then maybe you should sell your reissue.

That is a really good price for a 227 here! I think you should give it a little time since you are not sure whether you love her or not. Are you able to get the Bal without selling your reissue? If yes, don't sell the reissue just yet. If no, how much do you want the Bal? I that is something you really really want, then maybe you should sell your reissue.

i'm able to get the bal w/o selling the reissue but the guilt will probably kill me! :P

well it really depends on how much you like that reissue bag, rather than whether the price for it is good or not. I guess you had very much wanted to buy the bal bag and sell the reissue but couldn't bear to do that cos you got it at a good price and you are worried you may change your mind and buy back the same bag again. If you think you won't buy back the same bag again, for example, you will buy the one with the gold chains instead, it is good to let it go if you have very little use of it.

lol--you sound just like me! I was going through the same dilemma with the exact same bag!

Mine is a little different because I bought 2 reissues before I realized that while I like the reiusse look, I really don't like the reissue clasp. I like being able to close a bag while it is on my shoulder and have found the reissue clasp doesn't work well for a one-handed close.

So I sold the first reissue about 8 months ago and thought about selling this one at the same time. But every time I would pull it out my heart would sing-- it is such a beautiful bag!

Over the course of the last 8 months I've pulled it out to sell almost monthly--only to, as you said, fall in love all over again.

The thing is although I loved it, I never used it. So it existed in my closet only for me to pull it out and declare my undying love for it, and then to put it back.

I finally got up the nerve two weeks ago and actually sent it off for sale (my heart was screaming "NO, NO, NO!") and it sold very quickly. Now that it is all done I am actually quite happy!

So, I guess the point to my story is if you aren't using it, you should sell it. Chances are you will be relieved when the decision is made and you won't miss it.

Good luck with your decision!

if you are unsure, hold onto it for a little while longer and give yourself a time limit.. like if you don't reach for it in 6 months, it gets sold

The thing is although I loved it, I never used it. So it existed in my closet only for me to pull it out and declare my undying love for it, and then to put it back.

So, I guess the point to my story is if you aren't using it, you should sell it. Chances are you will be relieved when the decision is made and you won't miss it.

This very same thing happened to me with my 227 reissue. Love the look, but never used it. I kept it for almost a year before finally deciding to let it go. So relieved now that I did. I have not regretted it at all. ;)

Good Luck deciding.