Dilemma.. Should I?!?!!? Help please!

ocgirl

O.G.
May 8, 2006
Well my Chanel enablers, I need your advice please!

I just came back from Chanel boutique in South Coast Plaza, and they put sales items out already! It was supposed to start tomorrow, but everything was out and going fast.

So I found this perfect tweed jacket! In my size, perfect fit. This is the first jacket in my life that I wouldn't have to fix a single thread. It was sooooo beautiful and it fit so perfectly, and it was on 40% mark down!!! So now you're thinking, what is my problem?! This is a no-brainer right?

My problem is the jacket came as part of a suit!!! And they wouldn't sell the jacket to me separately. And I DO NOT, nor have I ever, worn skirts!?!?! I just don't. Not my style. The whole suit retailed for $5245, now marked down to $3145. I checked out Ebay, and it seems like Chanel skirts do not sell well. And I don't want to be stuck with a skirt that I'd never wear in my life time.

But the jacket, sigh....is just so me. I begged my SA to hide it for me until tomorrow, so I can think about it, and ask for your advice. Would you buy it?

Id buy it if I LOVED IT!!!!
U can always sell the skirt...what size is it?LOL!?
Honestly...Its a great deal if its on sale anyway!HEEHEE...YES..Im a total enabler....

Hmmmmm....that is a dilemma! I think that if I found the PERFECT jacket then I would bite the bullet and buy it. I think it's still a good price for a SUIT. I would still try to sell the skirt on ebay. So what if you can't get the price you want for the skirt. At least you got the PERFECT jacket. Just my opinion.

That's a lot of money to spend for a skirt you'll never wear even if you love the jacket. But if you have the money to spend and it won't harm your financial situation then I don't see any harm done with the purchase.

Whenever I say never, I end up eating my words. Never wear the skirt as in a suit ensemble -- never, ever??? Buy the darn suit or you will kick yourself in the bum (and I'll bet you a dollar and a donut that one day you will wear the suit, too).

Id buy it if I LOVED IT!!!!
U can always sell the skirt...what size is it?LOL!?
Honestly...Its a great deal if its on sale anyway!HEEHEE...YES..Im a total enabler....

The suit is size 36. It seems to me that size 36 gets sold out fast. I always see size 40-42 on sale, but not many 36. That adds to my decision. LOL.

But I'm with Roey that it bothers me to have a skirt that I wouldn't wear, even if it won't harm us financially.

Thanks for the input so far. Please keep this up. I have 24 hours to decide. :confused1::confused1:

I would say get it since it sounds like you LOVE the jacket. You may have cause to wear the skirt someday or you may be able to sell it. If the jacket is perfect, you should be able to wear it for years to come which will offset the skirt cost.

Just ask yourself whether the jacket alone is worth the $3145. If so - no brainer! Just think of it as - buy a jacket, get a skirt free! Then that way - even if you have to sell it on eBay for not a lot... you're still "making a profit" since you got the skirt for "free".

:P How's that for enabling?! :P

I agree with jadecee! :smile: If you love the jacket enough to purchase it alone for the $3145, then you should consider getting it! :heart: I'm sure you could get okay money for the skirt... I bet it's gorgeous! :heart: Otherwise, as you said, a size 36 jacket that's perfect in both style and fit would be not only difficult to find (especially on sale!!), but also hard to forget about! ;) Soo... what does the jacket look like? :nuts: I'd love to find a tweed jacket someday... but it has to be absolutely perfect and definitely on sale! :girlsigh:

^^Hi L! I agree w/jadecee and my twin! If the jacket alone is worth the 3K to you, then definitely get it. You don't have any jackets yet and I have no doubt that the jacket is stunning, because you have exquisite taste. LMK what you decide!