Dilemma, please help!

kav385

Nov 2, 2015
Hi ladies...I am having some trouble deciding on my next purchase.
I have a NM speedy 25 in empriente noir which I love to bits, but as you know the NM only has a two part strap, unlike the OM three part strap. I would love to carry my speedy as a shorter strap shoulder bag but cannot do this.
Which brings me to my dilemma. I absolutely LOVE the bagatelle in empriente noir which is sadly discontinued. I have realised that the strap on this bag is detachable, and can be used on the NM speedy as a short shoulder strap! The price point preloved is around $2500 USD.
I don't have a hobo in my collection and this one seems perfect.
The other alternative I have is getting a speedy bandoulier 25 in damier ebene, which is significantly cheaper, has the three part strap and can be shoulder carried on a shorter strap. A lot of people seem to love this bag as a staple and carry it daily. Personally, I prefer the empriente as it is a little more subtle but I find this bag would be a good fit in my collection too.
I have no interest in buying a preloved OM speedy in case of glazing issues.
So- should I buy the bagatelle preloved or buy a new speedy b de? Should I spend the $$$ on the bagatelle or save some money and buy the speedy?

Thankyou yes I did see the new bandoulier straps that they released but they are too thick for my taste! They are lovely though , I've seen them paired beautifully with so many bags

Why don't you order the OM black strap as a spare part that is what I did. Only works on noir which is why I am hesitant to buy the new gorgeous pink speedy!

That's a great idea! I am not sure if that is possible in Australia, I will have to call and check. I keep looking at the Bagatelle and am wondering if I should just get it anyway .....! ugh first world problems haha

I have the Noir Bagatelle. It's a great bag. The outside pockets are wonderful for keys and cell phone. It was stiff at first but after carrying for a short time it molds to your body.