Dilemma! Please help me decide which Oak Alexa to get!

1. #1 Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Hello lovely ladies,

Here I face 2 beautiful regular size Mulberry Alexas in oak buffalo leather.

Oak Alexa #1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pros:

The price is $150 USD less
    Made in England (rather than the other Made in Turkey)

Cons:

Lots of scratches to the hardware
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Used than the other

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least - this little gold hardware behind the bag towards the left doesn't seem to be secure

[​IMG]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oak Alexa #2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pros:
    Impeccable Condition for a preowned bag - No Scratches on hardware

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little gold hardwares on both side of the back of the bag looks perfect and secure

[​IMG]

Cons:

Price is $150 more expensive
    Made in Turkey (rather than the other Made in England)

Conclusion:

:shrugs::confused1:

Please ladies - help me decide which one I should get. They are both beautiful but I am on a budget and would like to opt for the less expensive if possible. However - do the cons outweigh the pros for the less expensive Alexa? If I was gonna spend that much money anyway for a handbag - maybe I should spend the extra $150 USD to have an almost NEW Alexa in perfect condition.
    Then again to spend that extra money and have it be Made in Turkey rather than Made in England is a bit disappointing....

I am really at a crossroads and I need to know what you would do if you had the same 2 options. I know what you are thinking - what a horrible dilemma I have no?? :lol:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my rather long post.

2. My oak lexie is made in Turkey (in fact, all of my 4 mulberries are made in Turkey), and I don't think that should be a factor. I know that Made in England is a bit of holy grail, but as discussed on other threads, the quality seems to be no different.
    I think that you need to decide whether the imperfections of the cheaper bag are going to bother you. If so, it is worth the extra money for a bag you are going to have for a lifetime.
    Hope this helps. Good luck. (And I LOVE my oak lexie!!). :biggrin:

3. Tbh apart from a bit more wear on the corners and the scratches on the first- there isnt that much diff in appearance to the second- they look very similar and slouchy

4. I think it depends on whether the cons with the cheaper bag will bother you or not. I had a thread on here after i bought a grape Alexa at a great price and the colour was stunning, i wanted one for ages but it was very wrinkled and the stud (like yours) constantly kept coming undone. I wanted to keep it but hated the wrinkled leather and the loose stud which didn't stay buttoned up when i used it. In the end i sent it back and bought a new chocolate one for £200 more from an outlet! So for me i would buy the second one, much better condition and it is a bag you will use for years to come so $150 is worth paying for bag that is in better condition at the beginning.. The made in England makes no difference to me personally. I don't think i have a Mulberry bag made in England, i would just get the one i like the best.

5. As Sue just mentioned my concern about the first bag would be the stud if I were purchasing for myself as I just know this would be my annoyance, but that's just me! I think all you can do is surround yourself with these and really get a feel for them both before deciding :smile:

6. The second one definitely, I'm not a fan of how wrinkled the first one is and I'd be constantly worried about the stud.

7. Do not buy the first one.
    If you want to save money then don't buy.
    If you want to buy one, then get a proper one!

8. I have been told by a Mulberry SA that all oak Alexas are made in Turkey, and, if it says otherwise, this raises concerns over authenticity. I would contact Mulberry HO and confirm if any oak buffalo Alexas were ever made in England (perhaps the first season ones were).

Personally, I would not get the first one at any price, as it looks really worn.

9. Hi Lovemisa! - I have to agree with Sue - the second does seem to be in better shape overall - and I think the loose stud will be an issue that would potentially drive you mad - ditto scratched hardware that you haven't had the option to create yourself from your own use of the bag!! - I would therefore say option 2 - she is in great nick and you will use, love and put your own patina on her over time....and a Turkish bag really isn't a problem - quality is consistent and this one looks fine.....:smile:

10. Poor old Bag One! She's definitely past her best and, unlike the Darwin bags, buffalo leather just doesn't get better with age:sad: Is Bag Two much cheaper than a brand new one? just wondering if it'd be worth forking out the extra for the peace of mind (and guarantee) that new bags bring.

11. Even though i would love the Made in England one just because it was made here(thats the 1st thing i look at) but the cond is awful esp the hardware at the back and no2 made in Turkey is in better cond. If only the tags could be magically swapped.;)
    So would have to choose no 2 but can understand why its frustrating for you.

12. If the stud in bag one does not stay done up it would make it hang oddly also I bought a really wrinkly one once before and although I like texture to the leather it was just too unstructured and wrinkly I vote bag 2 as well.

13. I vote #2 as well.
    That worn loosely studded wrinkles #1 is going to end up breaking your heart.

14. Thank you so much ladies for your help, I am going to go with bag Number 2!!! :yahoo::woohoo::happydance: I will post a reveal when i get her :woot: