Dilemma :( Old vs New Bag?

tndang

O.G.
Jun 25, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are well :smile: I would like to get some advice from my
purse forum family ...
I purchased a Galliera PM Monogram at the end of 2009, was so in love with it because it was my first monogram handbag (and still is as of one week ago).
I mainly use her in the spring/summer months here in Canada and take pretty good care of her and it's in great condition. The problem is, I have such a love/hate relationship with her.... I dont like the piping trim that goes across the bag and the big plaque ekkk! I just find it too flashy sometimes which is why I don't use her too often and I find I use my other bags more than her.

I was thinking of selling this piece and maybe purchasing another shoulder bag when I find one not too high maintenance. I was thinking delightful pm/mm or another shoulder bag even in another line from LV? I just don't love anything in mono right now shoulder bag wise. I just purchased the Favorite MM and i know I will use that thing to death because its so practical and I am so excited to dive in - that will be my main monogram piece to use for now if I let the Galliera go..

What do you all think? xxI know I wont ever want to repurchase her, I just hate how she will look years to come aged :sad: I don't think I will wear her much down the road and because I really only purchase one purse every few years and I want to be able to use it for a long time and love them.. I can't afford to not fall in love with a piece after a few years because I really don't have too many purses from LV .. I am slowly building my designer handbag collection, the other piece I have is a Balenciaga City in Black which i love to death... '

Thank you for listening and please everyone I would appreciate all your advice!! :biggrin:

My mini collection FYI:

Speedy 30 DE
Galliera PM Mono
Favorite MM Mono

SLGs
Mono Zippy
Vernis Pomme D'amour Sarah
Vernis Rouge Fauviste Card Holder
DA 6 Key Ring Holder
DE cles

ETA: Reminder about selling/buying/trading is not permitted in the forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I think if you don't love her anymore then sell and buy one you know you will love. My collection changes over the years for the same reason. I feel like if I don't carry a bag Then it's time to find it a new home. :smile:

I sold my Gall just over a year ago and I've never looked back! I wanted to like it (because it seemed that everyone else was in love with it) but, as the weeks passed, I found myself disliking the overall look of it. A friend of mine loved it and bought it from me...only to sell the bag to someone else when she too discovered that she was unimpressed!

There are many other bags out there in the world to choose from and if its not LV, I'm sure you'll find one from the other designers to suit your needs. Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are well :smile: I would like to get some advice from my
purse forum family ...
I purchased a Galliera PM Monogram at the end of 2009, was so in love with it because it was my first monogram handbag (and still is as of one week ago).
I mainly use her in the spring/summer months here in Canada and take pretty good care of her and it's in great condition. The problem is, I have such a love/hate relationship with her.... I dont like the piping trim that goes across the bag and the big plaque ekkk! I just find it too flashy sometimes which is why I don't use her too often and I find I use my other bags more than her.

I was thinking of selling this piece and maybe purchasing another shoulder bag when I find one not too high maintenance. I was thinking delightful pm/mm or another shoulder bag even in another line from LV? I just don't love anything in mono right now shoulder bag wise. I just purchased the Favorite MM and i know I will use that thing to death because its so practical and I am so excited to dive in - that will be my main monogram piece to use for now if I let the Galliera go..

What do you all think? Should I depart with her? xx I know I wont ever want to repurchase her, I just hate how she will look years to come aged :sad: I don't think I will wear her much down the road and because I really only purchase one purse every few years and I want to be able to use it for a long time and love them.. I can't afford to not fall in love with a piece after a few years because I really don't have too many purses from LV .. I am slowly building my designer handbag collection, the other piece I have is a Balenciaga City in Black which i love to death... '

Thank you for listening and please everyone I would appreciate all your advice!! :biggrin:

My mini collection FYI:

Speedy 30 DE
Galliera PM Mono
Favorite MM Mono

SLGs
Mono Zippy
Vernis Pomme D'amour Sarah
Vernis Rouge Fauviste Card Holder
DA 6 Key Ring Holder
DE cles

ETA: Reminder about selling/buying/trading is not permitted in the forums

I had the Mono Galliera GM for about 2 years before I sold it for the reasons you say you don't like it. I could not get used to the giant plaque, and honestly I didn't think mine aged well at all. Maybe I should have been more careful. Anyway, my husband bought me the Delightful MM in its place and I love it to death. Best bag ever, IMO. Very comfy and casual, with a great slouch. If I could get a GM too, I would, but unfortunately I can't find one anywhere :shrugs:

Definitely think you should sell if you're not in love with your Galliera. Good luck making your decision!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Mono Galliera GM for about 2 years before I sold it for the reasons you say you don't like it. I could not get used to the giant plaque, and honestly I didn't think mine aged well at all. Maybe I should have been more careful. Anyway, my husband bought me the Delightful MM in its place and I love it to death. Best bag ever, IMO. Very comfy and casual, with a great slouch. If I could get a GM too, I would, but unfortunately I can't find one anywhere :shrugs:

Definitely think you should sell if you're not in love with your Galliera. Good luck making your decision!
Thank You :smile: I am glad I am not the only one feeling like this, it makes me feel like Im not a horrible person lol. I saved up for years to buy my 2nd LV after purchasing the Speedy in 2006 and so I have a little bit of guilt even "thinking" about letting it go but I think it's a good decision in the long run, I definitely was looking at the delightful pm/mm as it is the same slouchy care-free style bag less all the bling and vachetta going across it. I am looking for owners that got rid of their Galliera and bought another style to replace it for their opinions so thank you for sharing your with me :smile:

If I decide to purchase another shoulder bag soon once I definitely will do a reveal!! I just did one last week - Favorite MM YAY :smile: I think I can enjoy that for now :smile:

Thank You :smile: I am glad I am not the only one feeling like this, it makes me feel like Im not a horrible person lol. I saved up for years to buy my 2nd LV after purchasing the Speedy in 2006 and so I have a little bit of guilt even "thinking" about letting it go but I think it's a good decision in the long run, I definitely was looking at the delightful pm/mm as it is the same slouchy care-free style bag less all the bling and vachetta going across it. I am looking for owners that got rid of their Galliera and bought another style to replace it for their opinions so thank you for sharing your with me :smile:

If I decide to purchase another shoulder bag soon once I definitely will do a reveal!! I just did one last week - Favorite MM YAY :smile: I think I can enjoy that for now :smile:

No problem! I really wanted to love my Galliera too, but I just couldn't get passed some of the things that bothered me about it.

I feel that the Galliera is a nice bag, but it was too "mature" for my lifestyle. The Delightful is definitely more carefree and casual, which is what I was looking for. I've been waiting for LV to come out with another bag that has the same feel of the Delightful, but there really isn't one that I love as much. I think the Artsy is a beautiful bag too, but it's not as relaxed as the Delightful.

Yes, definitely share when you make your decision!!

I agree with everyone here. I think for the money we pay we shouldn't be anything short of in love with our handbags. Through the years our styles and needs change and some bags just don't make the cut. Or maybe they weren't the right fit from the beginning. Either way why settle? I have sold a few handbags that I wasn't in love with to fund a few that I adore. I think you should sell your bag, and find something that you will get more use out of. Good luck!

i agree with everyone here. I think for the money we pay we shouldn't be anything short of in love with our handbags. Through the years our styles and needs change and some bags just don't make the cut. Or maybe they weren't the right fit from the beginning. Either way why settle? I have sold a few handbags that i wasn't in love with to fund a few that i adore. I think you should sell your bag, and find something that you will get more use out of. Good luck!

+1

IMO if you don't love it or use it regularly its time to sell!! I'm actually finishing up the clearing and selling of clothes, shoes and bags in my closet. There's no use in keeping stuff you don't really use or love - plus it means you can do some guiltless shopping!! =D