Dilemma of a chloe gal -- help me make a decision!

What should I get rid of?

• Tan Loaf

• Tan Bracelet Bag

• Keep them both!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know you have already made your decision, D & G, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents, anyway...

I voted to keep both, as I'd be worried that, if I were you, I'd regret selling either.

But, personally (and I know I am, so far, alone in saying this), I'd sell the Loaf way before I would the Bracelet. :yes:

I can't say that I'm surprised that most people here would keep the Loaf, as I don't think I would be wrong in saying that the majority of current Chloe addicts on tPF, with some notable exceptions, either discovered Chloe through the Paddy, or became fans of Chloe through it, so it is, of course, natural that they would choose the Paddy over the Bracelet Bag.

Whereas, most of the people who were fans of Chloe before the Paddy was first released and would have, almost certainly, voted to keep both, or to sell the Loaf, have gradually drifted away to other designers, due to the departure of Phoebe Philo and the lack of her constant stream of beautiful, innovative designs.

Similarly, if we could fast-forward a year, or two, we would probably find that this forum was full of a new bunch of Chloe fans, who had been lured in by extra large and/or shiny bags and high heeled Doc Martins and if asked a similar question, would, in a heartbeat, vote to sell the Loaf and to keep the shiny new quilted bag (whatever that will be called) and would be waxing lyrical about the amazing talents of Paulo Melim Andersson (or PMA, as they will probably call him for short)!!! :lol:

By then, most of the current Chloe fans will have either drifted away to other designers, too, or will be wistfully hanging around, remembering the good old days of Phoebe Philo and buying Paddys with the original size padlock on eBay! :biggrin:

As you know, I don't have any Bracelets myself, as (as everyone no doubt knows by now!) I prefer clutches. However, I think the Bracelet is a beautiful and unique design and it was the original Chloe 'it' bag, after all. Not that 'it' bag status impresses me, but still.

I don't think that there is much doubt that the original S/S '03 Bracelets are already extremely rare and will, no doubt, become even rarer in the near future, as the few existing ones wear out and are not replaced.

Conversely, although I don't have the figures, I suspect that even the rarer versions of the Paddy are relatively prevalent, when compared with the original Bracelet. Even if there aren't any on eBay at the moment, couldn't this be because they are all in the hands of people who believe that they are very, very, rare and so, don't dare sell them?! :shrugs: