Dilemma...Need Opinion :)

m8875

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
I've been dying to get the Nombril Nude since few months ago when I first saw them at Saks but they didn't have any in my size or in other stores. Yesterday, I suddenly saw one on the sales rack at saks exactly in my size! So I quickly grabbed them without thinking about it. I paid $485.99 + tax for them. I remember than when I tried to order them few months ago the retail price is $595. So, with me paying $485.99, that means I got 18.5% off, which is a really odd number. I feel like there could have been some mistake as yesterday I also purchased male shoes on sale that didn't ring up properly. Thankfully the sales associate realized it and corrected the mistake.

I would buy Nombril at any price as I really want them but I don't want to be "cheated" and pay more than I have to. What do you guys think I should do? My prada SA at saks gave me the shoe manager's name. Shoudl I tell him about it or do you guys think $485.99 is fair for last spring shoes (I think nombril came out in spring??)

TIA!

Maybe they rang up that way considering you bought 2 pairs(if you bought them together) . But if the sale said 20% or higher I would def go in and request the refund. If you got away with more of a discount then forget it.

Looks like $485.99 is the sale price for something that's originally $695. Are you certain the Nombrils were $595 and not $695? Also did you check the saks sticker to see it has not been tempered with?

Sales are always "up to" a certain percentage, so you are not necessarily entitled to a specific amount off, KWIM? If you feel that you overpaid, I would return the shoes; however, if you love them and feel that they are worth what you paid then keep them and enjoy them. :yes:

First cut Saks designer shoe sale is 30% off across the board. So, whatever the original price was, it should be 30% off of that. They are known to make mistakes because they use a gun to print the stickers for the shoes.
Make sure you know what the original price is then make a determination from there. If a mistake was made, go get an adjustment.

BTW, if you're talking about the Nombril 45mm sling, the original price was $595. Hope that helps.

First cut Saks designer shoe sale is 30% off across the board. So, whatever the original price was, it should be 30% off of that. They are known to make mistakes because they use a gun to print the stickers for the shoes.
Make sure you know what the original price is then make a determination from there. If a mistake was made, go get an adjustment.

BTW, if you're talking about the Nombril 45mm sling, the original price was $595. Hope that helps.

Thanks for clarifying/posting this. It was always my understanding that Saks/other DS sales are "up to."

Really goes to show that you learn something each and every day. :yes:

Thanks everyone :smile: I got the nombril slingbacks and I asked the manager, he said the original price is $595 and it was a 18 percent off sale not sure if that makes sense???... Love the shoes so will keep no matter what lol

Thanks everyone :smile: I got the nombril slingbacks and I asked the manager, he said the original price is $595 and it was a 18 percent off sale not sure if that makes sense???... Love the shoes so will keep no matter what lol

It doesn't make sense. They had them at Saks BH on the sale's rack, and everything was 30 percent off across the board.

Maybe they weren't part of the FW sale and are just a style that went on stand alone sale.....?

Did a little checking for you and your shoe mgr is full of it. Those shoes are on sale at 30% off at all Saks. Contact Liza King at the SCP Saks. She's an active member of TPF. She will help you. There's no such thing as an 18% off sale.