Dilemma: LV Montaigne BB vs Fendi Mini Peekabo

katg519

O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
Hello! I've been bitten by the LV Montaigne BB, however, I've recently also had my eye on the Fendi Mini Peekaboo. I realize that these bags have different looks, but also have some similarities (ie. can be both handheld or crossbody). I am a bit turned off by Fendi's price point (over $3,000) which is why if I were to purchase this bag, it would most likely be from the pre-loved market. Thoughts? TIA!

Nappa leather in Peekaboo and canvas in Montaigne
In this case I would choose peekaboo. In general I think the Montaigne is really very open at the top. The canvas more so, in my opinion. While the peekaboo is also open top, the turnlocks are very handy should you want to close it for security. The hook closure on the Montaigne doesn’t seem very convenient.

If you were between the leather Montaigne and nappa peekaboo I would choose the Montaigne then. Because the nappa is kind of delicate. And the leather Montaigne has the middle zipper pocket that goes down the sides whereas canvas Montaigne doesn’t. That’s a plus in my book.

If you were to choose between selleria peekaboo and leather Montaigne I would choose selleria, hands down. Selleria is nicer than empreinte in my opinion. And it’s so fun to dress it up with different straps, and charms.

In this case I would choose peekaboo. In general I think the Montaigne is really very open at the top. The canvas more so, in my opinion. While the peekaboo is also open top, the turnlocks are very handy should you want to close it for security. The hook closure on the Montaigne doesn’t seem very convenient.

If you were between the leather Montaigne and nappa peekaboo I would choose the Montaigne then. Because the nappa is kind of delicate. And the leather Montaigne has the middle zipper pocket that goes down the sides whereas canvas Montaigne doesn’t. That’s a plus in my book.

If you were to choose between selleria peekaboo and leather Montaigne I would choose selleria, hands down. Selleria is nicer than empreinte in my opinion. And it’s so fun to dress it up with different straps, and charms.

Thank you, @Annawakes ! I do agree with some of your points. UGH, first world problems! ;)

Reactions: Annawakes
Hello! I've been bitten by the LV Montaigne BB, however, I've recently also had my eye on the Fendi Mini Peekaboo. I realize that these bags have different looks, but also have some similarities (ie. can be both handheld or crossbody). I am a bit turned off by Fendi's price point (over $3,000) which is why if I were to purchase this bag, it would most likely be from the pre-loved market. Thoughts? TIA!
So what did you decide I’m looking at the same things

Thank you! I ended up getting the Montaigne bb and I love it. I may look at the Fendi for the winter. I love the closure on the Fendi but I thought the Montaigne was more casual for summer and can be dressy for winter too. Thanks for your advice! Does your Fendi have feet in the bottom?

Reactions: Kmora