Dilemma! Jumbo Beige Single Flap

j'aime bags

Aug 31, 2009
Hello Ladies!

I finally found a single flap jumbo beige caviar from 09C in new condition. However, when I received the bag, I found some small spots on the lock. The spots are concentrated just on the lock. I've attached pics for you to review. Would you be ok with the spots? Yana said she didn't see the spots when she inspected the bag and that her camera didn't pick them up. She offered me $100 for my inconvenience and said that Chanel would do a free repair as the lock shouldn't tarnish before use. I paid $4800 for this bag. What do you think? Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_20120706_165101-1.jpg
    IMG_20120706_165101-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG_20120707_124810-1.jpg
    IMG_20120707_124810-1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_20120707_124716-1.jpg
    IMG_20120707_124716-1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_20120707_142641-1.jpg
    IMG_20120707_142641-1.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 528
Did you get the bag authenticated before you purchased it? I am unsure if '09 bags have the indent on the CC. Then again... what do I know. :shrugs:

To answer your question... I don't see any spots but if you feel uncomfortable with it I would return it instead of getting the $100 for trouble. I'm afraid even with the $100 off you will keep thinking about it every time you use it instead of enjoying the bag.

I see alittle tarnish on the turn lock of the first photo. Are the spots rust, or something else?
It would bother me if it's noticeable in real life. If you think the spots aren't rust and aren't noticeable then I would be ok with that.

Given all the crazy price increases and knowing that particular flap was less than 3k back in the days, I probably wouldn't get it unless I was offered a better deal to accommodate for the damages. Besides if u consider reselling it later, it may sell at a loss for you since u overpaid for a single flap. Can they offer you say 10-15% off instead? Otherwise I would go for a new one... Jmho.

Is this the one from Personal Shoppers? The mark on the lock was disclosed in the auction...

Anyway, I might have Chanel repair it, especially if the tarnish is just on the turnpiece and not the CC. The price is high, but you are not likely to find another original 09C Beige Brand new. Single Flap and hallmarked gold Flat CC > the mark if you can get it fixed.

If it bothers you I would return it.
You might want to take it to Chanel and see if they can fix it (and if it is free) first. Agree with the poster who said this bag was no where near $4800 back then so the seller made a serious profit. You should have gotten the bag pristine. If Chanel can't fix it, free, send it back. It's not worth your investment if you don't feel ok with a less than exceptional bag. IMO

Did you get the bag authenticated before you purchased it? I am unsure if '09 bags have the indent on the CC. Then again... what do I know. :shrugs:

To answer your question... I don't see any spots but if you feel uncomfortable with it I would return it instead of getting the $100 for trouble. I'm afraid even with the $100 off you will keep thinking about it every time you use it instead of enjoying the bag.
Thanks for the input. I agree that the $100 wouldn't sway my decision here. It's hard to know how much it'll bother me until I carry it, but of course once I carry it I keep it regardless of how I feel:thinking:

I see alittle tarnish on the turn lock of the first photo. Are the spots rust, or something else?
It would bother me if it's noticeable in real life. If you think the spots aren't rust and aren't noticeable then I would be ok with that.
Thanks for your input. I'm going to try to have it examined tomorrow to know for sure. But, it does look like the metal underneath is peeking through. So, gold to copper (pics 1,2,3) to steel (last pic)? It is noticeable if you look at the turn lock but not when it's on your shoulder. I don't know how well my crappy phone picks up the marks but the marks are there. I'm worried that this will be an issue that pops up again even after it is fixed:nogood:

Given all the crazy price increases and knowing that particular flap was less than 3k back in the days, I probably wouldn't get it unless I was offered a better deal to accommodate for the damages. Besides if u consider reselling it later, it may sell at a loss for you since u overpaid for a single flap. Can they offer you say 10-15% off instead? Otherwise I would go for a new one... Jmho.
Thanks for your reply. You bring up a good point about resale value down the road. Although I purchased with the intent to wear forever, you never know how you'll feel about a bag two years from now. I didn't ask the reseller about getting a discount, as I still want to find out if Chanel can repair for free, as she said.

Is this the one from Personal Shoppers? The mark on the lock was disclosed in the auction...

Anyway, I might have Chanel repair it, especially if the tarnish is just on the turnpiece and not the CC. The price is high, but you are not likely to find another original 09C Beige Brand new. Single Flap and hallmarked gold Flat CC > the mark if you can get it fixed.
I had to reread the listing to see if the spots were disclosed. I think the reseller was referring to the mark on the left "c" indicating that Chanel changed the look of the CC from flat to rounded. I do like the flat CC more though. I agree that this bag will be very hard to find down the road. Thanks for your response.

If it bothers you I would return it.
You might want to take it to Chanel and see if they can fix it (and if it is free) first. Agree with the poster who said this bag was no where near $4800 back then so the seller made a serious profit. You should have gotten the bag pristine. If Chanel can't fix it, free, send it back. It's not worth your investment if you don't feel ok with a less than exceptional bag. IMO
The rapid Chanel price increase is ridiculous. The seller did make a handsome profit, but I think that's the way it is these days:shrugs: I plan on finding out whether the repair can be done for free. I wish that the bag didn't have the spots on it. I would be so happy right now! I appreciate your input.

The rapid Chanel price increase is ridiculous. The seller did make a handsome profit, but I think that's the way it is these days:shrugs: I plan on finding out whether the repair can be done for free. I wish that the bag didn't have the spots on it. I would be so happy right now! I appreciate your input.

Best of Luck. When it comes down to it, if it is a bag you still love (flaws and all) it is your choice. It is lovely and a mark most others who look at it as friends would probably never notice :smile:

Best of Luck. When it comes down to it, if it is a bag you still love (flaws and all) it is your choice. It is lovely and a mark most others who look at it as friends would probably never notice :smile:
Thanks. It's a tough call. If it was a double flap, I would definitely return it. But, the single flap is hard to come by. I'll have to give it some thought and not make any hasty decisions. It's a lot of money after all.