Dilemma: Ebene croco 35B, yes or no?

Greys and coco browns can go beautifully together, black too, especially if you add another neutral in there like a cream and remember this cw of Quadrige, navy and brown in beautiful harmony ;)

*photo courtesy of MaiTai

Ebene in Matt croc is a lovely "black coffee' type of brown, but it is not dark enough to pass as black. It is a lovely dark neutral though, and strangely is darker than most brown clothes, but I love wearing brown with black and navy with black so I'd say look at the bag, if the scales are nice, you like the hardware colour and you fall in love with the bag then fabulous, if not then pass....

ps, BritAbroad, that quadrige scarf is gorgeous, must find one

this! I love any combination of black, brown and navy. I personally feel like it's a very fresh look. please post pics if you get the bag!

OT here, but Anfang if you can find a suitable thread to post your Dalvy in I'd love to see it, it sounds dreamy!
BritAbroad, the Dalvy thread in the Ref Library is closed... For want of anything better, I'm posting this Dalvy for you in the In Action thread. In advance, sorry mods, if I'm OT...

i would take it for sure i love this color in this effect !!!! its very luxurious in the sense that you can appreciate the scale and velvety feel its a rather amazing effect in matte.

Last edited:
You must love n like this color first
Go feel see the bag
Exotic is an expensive move
Buy only if you will use it
Matte croco is divine
I have a matte nilo fauve barenia b30
I love it

BritAroad, the scarf looks very nice :biggrin:
I'll go check out the bag later this week, will keep you guys posted!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, it's a significant purchase and you'll know yourself if it's :love: at first sight.

Ebene in Matt croc is a lovely "black coffee' type of brown, but it is not dark enough to pass as black. It is a lovely dark neutral though, and strangely is darker than most brown clothes, but I love wearing brown with black and navy with black so I'd say look at the bag, if the scales are nice, you like the hardware colour and you fall in love with the bag then fabulous, if not then pass....

ps, BritAbroad, that quadrige scarf is gorgeous, must find one

It's a beauty isn't it, tibaka?

BritAbroad, the Dalvy thread in the Ref Library is closed... For want of anything better, I'm posting this Dalvy for you in the In Action thread. In advance, sorry mods, if I'm OT...

☆Off to go see!☆

Hi everyone, I've picked up my ebene already, will do a reveal tomorrow under daylight!

prettychic, it's nilo, I'm not very familiar with croc, what's the difference between the 3?

Thanks everyone for the advises ;)

Hi everyone, I've picked up my ebene already, will do a reveal tomorrow under daylight!

prettychic, it's nilo, I'm not very familiar with croc, what's the difference between the 3?

Thanks everyone for the advises ;)
Nilo is croc from Africa and has larger scales which are usually even sized and porosus is croc from Australia with smaller scales with a range from larger in the middle to very much smaller toward the sides of the bag. Gator is alligator and from Mississippi and has larger scales. Poro is typically the more expensive of the crocs. All three skins are beautiful. However, some finishes can make one more costly than the other. Lately the poro seems to be used on the larger bags like 35 birkins. I think alligator is being used a lot on all bags since H acquired an alligator farm. Enjoy your beautiful new bag! Please model it for us....

Last edited:
Nilo is croc from Africa and has larger scales which are usually even sized and porosus is croc from Australia with smaller scales with a range from larger in the middle to very much smaller toward the sides of the bag. Gator is alligator and from Mississippi and has larger scales. Poro is typically the more expensive of the crocs. All three skins are beautiful. However, some finishes can make one more costly than the other. Lately the poro seems to be used on the larger bags like 35 birkins. I think alligator is being used a lot on all bags since H acquired an alligator farm. Enjoy your beautiful new bag! Please model it for us....

Reptilian question: do they all come in both matte and shiny?

OP , can't wait for pix!

Absolutely stunning!!! Wow! I'm keeping my eyes out for shiny croc/gator Kelly but this is making me rethinking the matte. Congrats!!! :biggrin:

BTW, I usually wear my navy suits/outfits with dark brown bags/shoes. Enjoy!