Dilemma Down To The Wire Please Help!

autumn2187

Jan 14, 2010
Hi Guys,

Some of you may have remembered a thread I started last week about choosing my last bag for a very long time. Well with the impending price increase and deciding not to go with the new neverfull that is coming out in April (I feel it will be to big on me). I have decided to go with another option. I really like the Alma BB and the Empriente Speedy. I also want to get the insolite wallet that comes out in April. If I get the wallet then I will have to wait a while longer on the Empriente speedy but not the alma bb. I am just a little unsure of what to do. So hopefully you all can give me some ideas and feedback on what to do.:smile: My options are as follows.

Option A: Get an Alma BB in Rose Velours or Indian Rose this weekend.

Option B: Wait until May or later and get the Empriente Speedy for my b-day.

Option C: Get a Damier Ebene Bloomsbury PM this weekend.

Option B absolutely. IIR you are a youger person (mid twenties?) I think that is a fresh fabulous bag and will look great on you. As was discussed in another thread, don't get caught up in this price increase pressure to buy feeling.......LV will always be raising their prices a little from time to time, and they are always going to be an expensive bag relatively speaking. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful bags in your collection and get your Speedy when the time is right.

Option B absolutely. IIR you are a youger person (mid twenties?) I think that is a fresh fabulous bag and will look great on you. As was discussed in another thread, don't get caught up in this price increase pressure to buy feeling.......LV will always be raising their prices a little from time to time, and they are always going to be an expensive bag relatively speaking. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful bags in your collection and get your Speedy when the time is right.

Thanks so much yea I am 25 will be 26 in May. I really want the empriente speedy but I just don't know how I will swallow the price when the time is right. I guess I will just have to see what happens. By the way how much more do you think emp speedy will go up in price? Thanks again for your kind words!:smile:

Thanks so much yea I am 25 will be 26 in May. I really want the empriente speedy but I just don't know how I will swallow the price when the time is right. I guess I will just have to see what happens. By the way how much more do you think emp speedy will go up in price? Thanks again for your kind words!:smile:

Gosh, I don't know, it will go up based on a percentage, if I understand it correctly it is an across the board increase. .......... what is it guys? Something is making me think 3%, but maybe it is more than that. Someone will ring in with the correct percentage, then we can just calculate it based on the current price of the bag. Anyone out there know what the number is?

Alma bb and de Bloomsbury? Those are so different. I say relax, don't worry about price increase and wait for the bag you're absolutely in love with. Price increase won't make a difference if you love it

I vote for alma bb. Have you seen the new monceau bb? It's gorgeous! I was looking at the alma bb too but when I saw the monceau, it totally captivates me. My friend ended up getting the monceau in the rise color Epi and its so pretty.

Alma bb and de Bloomsbury? Those are so different. I say relax, don't worry about price increase and wait for the bag you're absolutely in love with. Price increase won't make a difference if you love it

Thanks for your kind words! The reason why I had de bloomsbury is because I am looking for a cross body bag.

It is true, don't settle for a bag just because the prices are going up. Plus another $150 (or whatever it would be) on top of $2500 feels painful but you are already shelling out the major chunk before the increase. I like the Alma BB a lot but if it is settling bag you're best off to wait;)