Dilemma Choosing My 1st Lady Dior

Hello Dior lovers, I’m having a hard time choosing my First Lady Dior bag. I don’t have any medium bags and definitely need a black and have been loving pics of the matte black Lady Dior but I’m very scared of the matte leather and heard about chipping of the matte hardware. The gunmetal one stole my heart when I first saw it, but my SA sent me pics of the new rose gold hardware limited edition Summer 2020 light gold leather bag and it’s gorgeous. I’m not sure what leather this is and if it’s fragile? Also I’m more casual but can see myself styling these? Which one would you choose? Any tips and recommendations appreciated.

For a first choice, I would definitely settle for bag 3! Absolutely gorgeous. I have heard that the matte hardware can be such a headache due to the constant chipping. Naturally, the rings attaching the handle to the grommets on the bag rubs against the hardware so there is definitely a chance of the matte coating chipping off :sad: although Dior service is incredible, it would be a headache to keep sending it back to repair due to unsightly chipping (each repair takes around 8-12 weeks).

I love the metallic with the traditional metal hardware! It will definitely last longer and look more fresh. Plus, there is always a variety of care products to always ensure that typical metal hardware stay pristine! I also just love metallic leathers. My Lady Dior is black lambskin but my diorama is silver deerskin and it has held up really well. However, as long as you’re not bashing your bag around, the leather should definitely be fine.

• Love
Reactions: cly_forever