Dilemma! Buy before increase?


Oct 20, 2007
I tried to score a navy maxi before the increase last time and was unsuccessful, with this new and absolutely last straw increase coming, should I get the navy....or live with what I have?!

Either way, if I buy, I certainly will sell one or two bags that haven't been getting the love they should. I've decided my purchases need to have consequences!

I need to decide ASAP!
May 11, 2007
If you will always want it, definitely buy it now before the increase. I would buy it and see how it ranks up against the ones you would sell and see how you feel then. If you feel confident about the purchase, keep it, and if not, you could still return it. Sometimes I can be indecisive in the store and I will never know for sure until I bring it home and decide if it was the right decision. Good luck! :smile:


Apr 9, 2010
I agree! Buy now while u can and then decide. I am in the deciding boat! At least the pressure of price increase is now off my back and hopefully I can now make an objective decision.


Jun 25, 2009
def buy before! it sounds like you've been thinking about this bag for months and if you still love it after waiting that long, i don't think you'll regret it esp with the rumored 15-20% increase going around

Chi town Chanel

Dec 18, 2007
the Mothership
What would you need to sell to fund it? Other Chanel bags? If you need to sell other Chanels, then I would just live with what I have. If you are selling non-Chanel, then I say yes. Or if you could fund it without selling other stuff, then yes. I try not to let the crazy price increases drive my decisions. If a navy maxi is something you would keep forever, then go for it.
Feb 19, 2011
USA, California
The longer you postpone the smaller the chance to really find one. This is a beautiful bag and you shoud IMO at least take it home and see how you feel for two weeks. If you are comfortable with the situation (financially and being sure you love it) than you will live happily ever after. You might regret otherwise not buying this maxi. The prices are getting insane but this should not mean that we need to get this way too.

I always wanted to have reissues in my collection and bought two lately after the great help from other members here. I think with this I am done for longer time.


Oct 20, 2007
Thanks everyone!!!! Before the last increase, I decided it would be nice to have a blue bag in my collection....wanted to buy another maxi....the supposed "last one"! I was unsuccessful in my pursuit...which I hate....so the thought has stuck there.

I thought about it quite a bit today.....I'm only buying because of the increase....I didn't put my name on any list because I really wanted it. I was kind of leaving it to fate....if someone called or if I stumbled upon one....then it should be mine.

Sooooo, I'm deciding to pass. I know the price will go up, but I also have a nice assortment of chanel's to choose from now. This certainly won't be like passing on the 10C red maxi at sub $3k....now that was STUPID!!!