Dilemma: An everyday tote - LV Hampstead or Chanel Medallion??

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been debating between the Damier Hampstead and the Black Medallion and I still can't figure out which one I want. I plan to wear it everyday, work, school, etc. I'm usually pretty casual, though I think i can wear either if I'm going out. I know this is an LV thread but for both LV and Chanel lovers, I need your opinion. Help? :heart:

7489_12.JPG lv-hampstead-mm.jpg
  2. I have both - the Chanel and the Hampstead MM and think the LV would be your best bet in this case

Reasons: easy access to interior, can easily fit over shoulder, more room while still lying nicely against the body, gold plate adds a nice luxurious touch for going out

3. For what you're going to use it for - I would lean toward the Medallion. However, I think the Hampstead will be more worry-free (less prone to scratches, tears etc).

4. I like both, but the Hampstead if you get in the MM size will be able to hold a little more !

5. LV Hampstead is a fabulous bag, it is huge when the sides are opened and they can be snapped shut for a more compact look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I would choose the Chanel, but only b/c I don't have a Chanel bag yet & I think the Medallion is beautiful!

7. The handles of the Hampstead are very very hard and stiff and really uncomfortible!:Push: I have sold mine after 2 weeks. The handles hurts the shoulders very much, plus the bottom is also very stiff. Go for the CHANEL!!

8. I have the Hampstead & I find the straps are very hard & sharp, I would go with the Chanel this time!

9. Will you be able to try them on before buying?
    I really wanted a Chanel GST, PST or Medallion tote. I tried them on last year and they looked really weird on me; even my DH was underwhelmed.
    The Hampstead looked really good though! Go for the MM!

10. Me too and I think that you would have more fun with the LV!:yes:

11. get the Chanel

12. I think you really need to get BOTH because both are TDF!!

13. I personally like the Hampstead, I have the MM in Damier and thinking about the Azur for spring unless I go with the Galliera.

14. I own the medallion and was going to recommend the Hampstead b/c of the length of the shoulder strap until I read the comments. If you live in a climate where you don't have to worry about fitting the bag over jackets or coats, go for the medallion.

My medallion will mostly be a spring/summer bag b/c of the coat issue.

15. love the medallion