Dilema! Have a few questions about Neverfull...

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
So, I have mentioned before that my coworker was going to buy my Delightful MM from me....well, she was, until she put her things in the bag and saw how mis-shapen it became and now she wants an Artsy instead. I totally don't blame her but I am bummed that I now have to go through the whole Ebay or Bonanza process now to get rid it.

I was planning to make a purchase today and was planning to choose between the mono Neverfull GM or the mono Totally MM.

I do, however, have some questions about the Neverfull:

1. Do those of you that have both warm and cold seasons carry your bag year round? The SA kept making comments of it being much more of a summer bag. I was thinking he said that because it's an easy, breezy tote, but then I wondered if there was another reason I hadn't thought of.

2. I don't care for my Delightful because of the way the opening lays when you have your things in it. Sometimes it can flop open. I plan to cinch the NF if I get it. Does anyone have problems with theirs flopping around or coming open while carrying it?

I'm still so torn. I know the Totally is much more practical of a bag...I just can't get past the shape for some reason. I am trying to because I really feel like it might be the better buy. I also toyed with the idea of the new Speedy with the shoulder strap....but I really am such a shoulder bag girl, not a satchel wearer. Ugh the pressure is on! I feel like I need to buy today!

I have the Neverfull MM in Mono.

1. I use it both summer and winter, however, I do find the straps a little short to wear comfortably with a heavy coat. It is fine with most winter coats, but anything puffy and it would be uncomfortable. I think it is an all-season bag, but I agree with the SA that it does seem more practical in the summer.

2. I don't find the MM size floppy at all. I keep mine cinched most of the time and when I set it down it stands upright and fairly structured (but not too structured). Also, the clasp on top will keep it standing straight and more closed.

I agree that the Totally is probably a more practical bag for you. It's more structured, has a zipper closure, and has longer straps. And it is definitely an all-season bag. But, I also prefer the shape and relaxed feelling of the Neverfull. Get what you like best!

Hi, I have 2 Neverfulls GM in ebene and azur. I think the reason your SA mentioned its a summer bag is as you said it's a easy tote and can carry alot.

It will flop open if you put it down and don't have it clipped! Also unless you get a base shapper, the bottom will sag!

Are you set on Mono? Because there is a new Damier Ebene shoulder bag released today or tomorrow ( is if you needed to be more confused...sorry) and it's very nice! Here below is a pic! My personal opinion on the Totally is that to me it's just not a good looking bag, I think it's a very mature looking bag (sorry guys pls don't hate me) I've only seen alot of seniors carrying it here in Florida.

Westminster.jpg

wow. what is that bag called in english? hehehe.
The Westminster large front zipper handbag unique folding design and practical capacity of A4 size, classic, timeless. Damier Ebène elegant canvas for everyone.

Dimensions (length x high x width): 44cm x 27cm x 19cm

- zip with double junction smooth leather trim Article
- Shiny golden brass pieces
- Security of the zipper opening and closing
- 2 large patch pocket inside
- can be linked to the D-shaped key ring and accessories
- Cotton lined

Reference: N41103

The Westminster large front zipper handbag unique folding design and practical capacity of A4 size, classic, timeless. Damier Ebène elegant canvas for everyone.

- Cotton lined

Is this bag also in Mono or Azur?

I have the GM mono never full. I got it when it was released 4 years ago and have pretty much used it everyday.
I do agree with the previous poster, it is a little uncomfortable to wear with a winter coat.
I live in Texas and we only wear our coats for about 8 weeks,so I can put up with it or switch purses for that time.
Good luck with your decision and keep us posted !

- Cotton lined

Gorgeous! Anyone know the price of this baby?

1. I have the neverfull azur mm. I bought it for spring and summer so I am not going to use it in winter time but I think mono and ebene are all year bags.

2. Neverfull is not flopy. I think it has more structure then delightful. Btw, delightful (in mm probably) is going to be my next purchase and I like that flopy, hobo look :biggrin:

1. I have the neverfull azur mm. I bought it for spring and summer so I am not going to use it in winter time but I think mono and ebene are all year bags.

2. Neverfull is not flopy. I think it has more structure then delightful. Btw, delightful (in mm probably) is going to be my next purchase and I like that flopy, hobo look :biggrin:

Thanks so much for everyone's responses! I really do appreciate it.

I actually really love the slouchy hobo look as well but with the Delightful MM, if you don't adjust it to lay right everytime you wear it or get into it, the top can flop open and that seems really insecure, you can clip the center but you still have to adjust it a bit. The NF seems like if you cinch it, the top is a bit more secure. I actually had the NF held today in GM size. I think that is what I am going to end up with. I like that it is in between structured and slouchy. I guess I will get it today before the price increase, bring it home and try my things in it and compare the two bags. If I love the NF, I will sell the Delightful MM. Or return the NF if I don't.

Just feel so rushed to decide today. Hate that.

I am in a similar dilema... I have to get a bag before the price increase. I really wanted the vernis sarah wallet.. but, then i got a burberry some months back... so I thought since i have a wallet.. and not a bad one at that... i'd get me a bag. I REALLY want the damier azure... cuz i don't have anything from that line. But, the leather going dark on me, which it eventually will... is a huge bother.. plus the white will get dirty easily. So my other option is the speedy with the strap... but then.. i can't get the azure out of my mind :sad:

caught between:

Azure totally: pros: zipper, shoulder bag ... cons: more of a diaper bag, vanchetta, light color.
Azure Speedy: Pros: love the shape ... cons: vanchetta, light color
Azure neverful: pros: like the shape.. cons: vanchetta, light color, open mouth
Azure Galleria: Pros: LOVE the shape, shoulder.. cons: vanchetta, light color, have alot of similar shaped bags :P
Speedy with a strap: pros: love the shape, strap... cons: material not sturdy, color transsfer on light colored bags, already have a dark (mono and ebene) colored piece.
Vernis wallet: Pros: everything... cons: just got a wallet some months ago.

sorry for hijacking ur post like that... i'm hoping writing all this down might help me make up my mind :smile:

- Cotton lined

love it! hope it comes in azur as well

1. Do those of you that have both warm and cold seasons carry your bag year round? The SA kept making comments of it being much more of a summer bag. I was thinking he said that because it's an easy, breezy tote, but then I wondered if there was another reason I hadn't thought of.
i'm gonna have to disagree with your SA. the only nf i see as a more summery bag is azur. mono nf, imo, is perfect for year-round use. ebene, one the other hand, may be a more fall/winter nf.

2. I don't care for my Delightful because of the way the opening lays when you have your things in it. Sometimes it can flop open. I plan to cinch the NF if I get it. Does anyone have problems with theirs flopping around or coming open while carrying it?
i've never had my nf flop around. i do know what you're referring too though, cuz i've tried on the delightful before. compared to the delightful, the canvas on the nf is more stiff, especially in ebene, so it will not flop around.