dilema, dilema ... gold vs silver

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. okay people - i need your advice. I wear a lot of silver jewellery ... but my recent aquisitions (camila and mayfair) both have a lot of gold bling ... so my question is:

can you wear silver jewellery with your gold toned bag? because up until now ive only been wearing my prada cervo lux cause every day i get dressed and it seems to be a silver day!

now, im not talking lots of bling ... im talking a ring, a bangle and a chain .... what are your thoughts?

:heart:

2. Sure you can!

3. I'd say yes, you can mix and match! Otherwise, I need a new engagement ring and wedding band (they're both platinum) since I like gold hardware better on my bags :tup:

4. okay cool! thats my prob! i prefer gold hardware too yet the tiffany ring that my boy gave me on my 30th is silver! thanks gals - tomorrow i am rockin' my gold hardware mayfair and my silver chain!

5. I never match my bags to ANYTHING I'm wearing, including jewelry -- I'd drive myself nuts if I tried to match my bags to my clothing AND jewelry!! So the answer is yes, I've worn silver jewelry when I carry my bags w/gold hardware and gold jewelry when I carry my bags w/silver hardware.

6. I am the culprit here. I must match my hardware to my Jewelry.:shame:

7. ITA! I like to carry the bag I am feeling! So, I don't much worry about if my clothes, jewelry, & bag coordinate.

8. Last weekend I wore a bag with gold hardware. I put on silver earrings.
    Before i left I took one last look in the mirror---and realized I didn't like the two together. I change to gold earrings and felt that looked better.

9. I don't worry about it. Actually never even thought about it. Some of my bags have gold hw & some silver hw. All of my jewelry is gold. So I don't have a choice. But I'm fine with it.:smile:

10. Depending on the shade of the golden jewelery, I think it can give a nice effect! I would also no worry about mixing!

11. I never worry about matching handbag hardware to my jewelry. I would most definitely go nuts. The rings I wear are all platinum or white gold, as is a diamond pendant I always wear. As long as the "bling" is not overboard, I think it's fine to mix it up.

12. i rarely ever wear jewelry, but when i do, i would never think to match my bag's hardware to it. too matchy, matchy. i'm more concerned whether the color of my bag complements my outfit, if i need a shoulder bag to be hands-free that day, big or small, a bag i won't mind getting wet if it rains, etc.

i definitely prefer gold to silver, but fall 08 brushed silver looks :tup:.

13. I'm a complete psycho about this issue. I don't wear a lot of jewelry but when I do I HATE that it does not match. I know it's not really noticeable, and that I am the only one thinking about it, but it drives me crazy!
    The thing I will NOT do is wear hardware on other clothing and accessories that does not match. Like I have a pair of cute little flats with a buckle on the toe and it's SILVER. . .I can not bring myself to wear these shoes when I am wearing a stam, never, never, never. I have only worn these shoes with bags with silver or neutral hardware. I even don't like to wear my leather jacet with my stams because the zippers are antiqued.
    I actually think maybe I'm just experiencing hardware overload. It's why I haven't actually purchased a Christy yet though I LOVE the bag.
    This issue bothers me WAY more than it should, LOL.
    I'll stop now.

14. this is what im like!!! exactly. Except that i have bought bags with hardware that goes against what i nomally wear. But im the same with shoes ... and ... cant believe im gonna say this ... eye shadow. I tend to wear either grey/silver (not sparkly!) or muted antiqued gold ... argh!
    Maybe i should just go against the grain and try it? crazy! :yes: