Digitalize your closet project

halohalo

Nov 27, 2008
Getting inspired by Mimmy's and Bakeacookie closet, I once again want to do a project of digitalizing my closet. This time I want to hire someone to do it for me.

I asked my intern at work for an opinion (I work for a fashion company, she helps with digital advertising so she has an eye for fashion and is quite good at taking pictures). She just emailed me back and volunteered to do it for me.

I think she will do a good job, but I think I should pay her. The question is: how much should I pay her? Would I be worth it?

I have about 70 pairs of shoes, 10 handbags, 50 pairs of jeans, 50 dresses, 200 tops, 30 coats & jackets.

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
SoCal
Will you utilize the app frequently?
Will you update whenever new purchases arrive?
Will the app help you use your items and help with shopping/not shopping?

If you will use it, then I say go for it.
As far as your intern volunteering, if you could offer the intern whatever their hourly pay is( hourly or overtime pay, your choice), that would be pretty sweet. Or lunch, a gift card, just something to show thanks would be sufficient, IMO. I do see why you'd want to give the intern something, you have quite a closet!

Hope this project works out for you! Do share when it's done!

May 25, 2014
I have the stylebook app and i have way less clothes than you (50 tops, 20 dresses, 20 skirts, 15 pairs of pants, 20 pairs of shoes, 10 bags). It took me about 2-3 days to take the photos and upload them on the app. I think you should compensate her for the amount of work it takes, perhaps an hourly rate?

cherry21

Certified Shopaholic
O.G.
Mar 13, 2006
Chicago IL
While taking pics isn't rocket science, it is time consuming and tedious work (positioning items, putting them away) so I would definitely pay her hourly and let her know ahead of time that you will be compensating her.

Jesssh

Jan 20, 2012
While taking pics isn't rocket science, it is time consuming and tedious work (positioning items, putting them away) so I would definitely pay her hourly and let her know ahead of time that you will be compensating her.
I agree. You might want to prioritize wardrobe items and put a cap on how many hours she should put into it initially. Then you can re-assess when that time is used up.

You may also want to find the quickest way to do the work and ask her to do it according to that process.