Digital Perms in Hong Kong

slinkylou

Feb 1, 2009
Hi All

i'll be going to Hong kong in a couple of months and am hoping to get a digital perm done whilst out there. Can anyone recommend a decent salon where i can get it done and the language barrier won't be a proper as my cantonese will let me down.

thanks

:smile:

when i went hong kong, i got a straight perm too. However, the salon i went to wasnt that great since the hair on my side wasnt that straight, i was somewhat disappointed

BTW, when you ask the salon for a price range for the perm, try not to let them know you arent from hong kong, or else they might set a really high price.

I go to Mongkok branch of IOU salon the 3 times I have been back to Hong Kong. Can google them. But I have never spoken English to them.
They do a good job and it's cheap enough that I don't bother trying cheaper ones. The basic price is $220 for straight perm. ~$400 for perm, cut & color. But I always "upgrade" the chemical (between $100-$400 more, I always just choose to upgrade $200). So in the end it's ~$600.

I go to Mongkok branch of IOU salon the 3 times I have been back to Hong Kong. Can google them. But I have never spoken English to them.
They do a good job and it's cheap enough that I don't bother trying cheaper ones. The basic price is $220 for straight perm. ~$400 for perm, cut & color. But I always "upgrade" the chemical (between $100-$400 more, I always just choose to upgrade $200). So in the end it's ~$600.

I recommend IOU as well. I go to the one in Causeway Bay instead of Mongkok but the prices are the same and I find the results very good. I've tried a straight perm and a body wave perm and have been very happy with the results!

I will be staying in the East Tsim Sha Tsui area in HK later this month. Does anyone know any good salons in that area and if any are English-speaking? Also, when you guys mention "high-end", how much are we talking here for a digital perm? I'm from the U.S., so I'm not too familiar with the pricing, but heard it should be cheaper than getting it done in Cali. Thanks!