Digital Perms in Hong Kong

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi All

i'll be going to Hong kong in a couple of months and am hoping to get a digital perm done whilst out there. Can anyone recommend a decent salon where i can get it done and the language barrier won't be a proper as my cantonese will let me down.

thanks

:smile:

2. hm.. I don't think I can help you, but I was wondering what a digital perm is? :smile:

3. when i went hong kong, i got a straight perm too. However, the salon i went to wasnt that great since the hair on my side wasnt that straight, i was somewhat disappointed

BTW, when you ask the salon for a price range for the perm, try not to let them know you arent from hong kong, or else they might set a really high price.

4. I go to Mongkok branch of IOU salon the 3 times I have been back to Hong Kong. Can google them. But I have never spoken English to them.
    They do a good job and it's cheap enough that I don't bother trying cheaper ones. The basic price is $220 for straight perm. ~$400 for perm, cut & color. But I always "upgrade" the chemical (between $100-$400 more, I always just choose to upgrade $200). So in the end it's ~$600.

5. Choco,

Are you talking about $600 US dollars or HK dollars?

6. I think its $600HKD

Perms in HK are pretty cheap =)

7. so where did u get your perms from? i am going to hong kong too end of this month and badly need advice

8. You should be able to find a lot of salons in Mongkok. If you want a high end one, Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) and Causeway Bay (in HK Island)

Just did a quick search at HK Yahoo.
    Salon Esprit looks cool (http://www.salonesprit.com/)
    If you want something cheaper .. maybe Noble Hair at TST (http://www.hair-salon.hk/address.html)
    Have fun in HK .. I miss HK!

9. I recommend IOU as well. I go to the one in Causeway Bay instead of Mongkok but the prices are the same and I find the results very good. I've tried a straight perm and a body wave perm and have been very happy with the results!

10. I will be staying in the East Tsim Sha Tsui area in HK later this month. Does anyone know any good salons in that area and if any are English-speaking? Also, when you guys mention "high-end", how much are we talking here for a digital perm? I'm from the U.S., so I'm not too familiar with the pricing, but heard it should be cheaper than getting it done in Cali. Thanks!

11. I wished I had gotten my digital perm in Hong Kong when I was there in January. But the idea didn't pop in my head till after I came back.

12. Anyone know of good salons in Kowloon with reasonable prices? I think anything there will be cheaper than getting it done in the U.S.