Digital Cameras

1. Am looking to get one. Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand or type to get

I am looking to spend 100 to 250 , trying not to go over this.

Thanks in advance :smile:

2. Hi Heavensent!

I have a SONY Cybershot, 4.1 Mega Pixels. I think by now they're probably around $250-$300. Its small, easy to use, and the quality is excellent. Its come with me all over the world and I've never had a problem.

Here's the best advice I have for buying a digital camera: Do NOT get one with a huge LCD screen. (A) LCD screens are always the first thing to go out on a camera (B) Sucks the battery life right out. While it might seem neat, I would rather have longer battery life than a big screen on the back of my camera!

3. Canon Powershot A620 is on sale at 6th ave http://www.6ave.com/main.jsp. for $206. it's 7.1 mp and got good reviews...my bf and i bought one for his mom yesterday for her birthday. you can look at www.photographyreview.com for reviews on cameras.

4. I love Canon cameras. *TO ME* they're very high quality and are definitely worth the money. I've got an SD110 (I think that's the number) that I bought at J&R's on sale about 2 years ago (It's 3MP) and it works great!

5. I have a Canon powershot, and I love it. Use www.cnet.com to find the best deal if you have a price range in mind.

6. for me, i'd go with either Nikon or Canon.

if you want more perks with your cam (ie manual controls, iso, shutter and aperture speed) - i would suggest canon a series.

if you just want plain 'ol point and shoot digital cam - id say go with nikon/canon.

i personally have the canon sd500. i totally love it, although it doesnt give me that much controls in regards of the settings, but it's great nonetheless. :yes:

for reviews - www.dpreview.com

7. thanks everyone

8. I have a Sony Cybershot and a Canon D10. I don't know what the Sony runs for now but it's a great little camerea. Been thru heck and back and it works great

9. I have an Olympus Stylus 600. It does the job well so I can't complain.

10. I have a Canon SD450 and it works great! I still have my Sony cybershot T7 which is now retired and back in its box because I could never get it to take good pics.

11. I bought the Casio Exilim 5. I love it! It has rechargeable batteries, a dock, and a huge LCD screen. I use it all the time and only charge it maybe once every month. It has lots of cool features and I can switch to manual focus. It's tiny and fits in my back pocket if necessary.

The only thing I wish it had is nightvision, since I use it a lot when I'm out. I hate flash photos in nightclubs.

12. I would choose a canon powershot model (there's a lot of them). My husband bought one and loves it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice