Digital Camera -What do YOU have?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Im in the market for a new digital camera because Im tired of constantly sharing one with my family. It dissapears for a day or two and several of the memory cards are full. It drives me nuts! I cant even take pictures of my bags. :lol:

There are so many camera designs to choose from and its always changing -Im baffled from where to start searching.
    Im not looking for anything professionaly just a simply and affordable camera that has a moderate resolution for beautiful pictures.

So, which camera do you have and could you provide an example of some pros and cons. Even better if you could provide a snapshot!

Thanks~ :flowers:

2. I got the Canon s700 about a month ago. I just love it! It's tiny, has a nice viewfinder and has the anti-shake technology. Those are all the pros.

The only con is the cost. But, I've always had Canon's and they last and have a great re-sale value!

It takes great closeups...

Here's a few I've taken with it:

Clasp.jpg YSLhardware ST.jpg horn momb.jpg time square.jpg
  3. I ADORE my 5 MP Kodak EasyShare C360 :love: I got it this past black Friday at Best Buy and my friend has a Kodak as well that she loves. And the memory cards you can pick up pretty cheap at Best Buy on sale pretty often :smile:

4. I have a GREAT camera!
    I wanted soemthing inexpensive {because I like a new one every so often! LOL!}, something w/ an fab battery and something that is quick since I have twin boys.
    I chose the Fuji Finepix F10.
    I LOVE photography and shoot a TON of pics and blow them up and play w/ them in PS.
    This camera ROCKS! The battery lasted me 5 days at Disney, no charging. It starts immediately when you turn it on and in between photos it's SO super quick!
    It's 6.3 MP so I can blow up photos clearly and zoom in as well!

5. I have a Sony Cybershot 7.2 megpixels(?).

It's ok coz it's small, but I miss the "ZOOM IN" of my film camera and I don't like the hesitation.

Thinking about SLR and extra lens, but that's going to be $2000+.

So, depends what you're looking for? Speed, zoom?

6. The best snap shot cameras are definately from Canon. Followed by Canon, probably Sony. Canon makes really, really great cameras! I recommend the SD400.

There's no need to get a camera that has an absurd amount of megapixels unless you plan on printing out door-size posters. People have a misconception that megapixels correlates to picture quality, which it does not.

7. I just got a Panasonic digital with Leica lens, 6 megapixels, anti-shake technology, a bunch of settings, including one called "food"... I love it, takes great pictures, is small, great battery life, huge screen on the back...and this black looks pretty cool, too!!

I got it at Costco.

dmc-fx9k.jpg
  8. I have an Olympus. I got so many comments on it when I took it with me to Disney. They loved the clarity and the screen size.

9. I have a Canon R717. It's really easy to use, takes great pictures and I love it!

10. Mine is being repaired. I have a Canon, but I was thinking of getting a Nikkon. Any Nikkon owners?

11. I have a Kodak Easy Share C330 and love it!

12. I have a Kodak Easyshare C340. I love it...it's small and it has the printing dock!

13. I have a Sony cybershot for snapshots. It's small and simple to use and produces nice photos - and even better - up to 15 second movies. I love that feature; it was especially great to email short movies of my son learning to walk to our parents. And if you do scuba diving or snorkeling, you can get a water-resistant case for it - it takes great underwater photos.

My more serious camera is a Canon Rebel XT. Great price (around $900) and all the features one would want in a digital SLR camera. I can switch lenses and it's very lightweight.

14. I was using a Nikon Coolpix 4300 adn it was terrible.
    It was S L O W and it drained the battery SO fast. I kept 2 charged all the time and it still would barely last me a weekend - yes, the camera drained 3 batteries over the course of a weekend!

I do want to contradict a little on that.
    If you like to shoot photos and then crop them or zoom in on them while editing, you do need a healthy amount of MPs.
    That's my main reason for always choosing the most MP's I can in conjunction w/ the other features I am looking for.

15. I have the Canon Rebel. Love it!!! It's bulky, so it's not ideal when it comes to tossing it into your handbag, but the photo quality is amazing. :yes:

We also have Sony Cybershot and I use that if I need a "tiny" camera for quick pics, but the quality doesn't compare to the Canon Rebel.

I had a Kodak Easyshare (DX4330 I believe) and it took pretty impressive quality shots and was relatively easy to use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice