Difficulty in locating a Chanel bag?

mustangsammy

Oct 20, 2009
Hey all! I live about 1.5 hours from a big city and don't shop there often. Subsequently I make most of my purchases online. I have been searching for a beige timeless clutch for about a month now and haven't had much luck on the internet. I am wondering if I travel to my nearest Chanel store how helpful they might be in helping a new customer with locating a bag. Are they likely to call around and ship one if they don't have it in stock or do they reserve their efforts for repeating customer like Hermes does? Will they hold one or be honest with me if I call in and ask if they have one or would I have better luck in person?

I appreciate any sharing of personal experiences or advice!

Hey all! I live about 1.5 hours from a big city and don't shop there often. Subsequently I make most of my purchases online. I have been searching for a beige timeless clutch for about a month now and haven't had much luck on the internet. I am wondering if I travel to my nearest Chanel store how helpful they might be in helping a new customer with locating a bag. Are they likely to call around and ship one if they don't have it in stock or do they reserve their efforts for repeating customer like Hermes does? Will they hold one or be honest with me if I call in and ask if they have one or would I have better luck in person?

Hey - i think your best bet will be a department store like Saks, Neiman Marcus, or bloomingdales.

These places will ship to you if they have what you are looking for; and you might even be able to save on tax if the store doesn't have a physical location in your state.

Let me know if you need an SA at NM or Bloomingdales to inquire about availability, and i'm sure some of the lovely ladies can help you out with Saks and/or boutique contacts.

Boutiques also don't ship classics (not sure if they will ship the bag you are looking for).

No, Chanel isn't like Hermes, there's no games. Any stockist can look up inventory and help locate the piece for you :yes:
That said, like any business, having a relationship w/ an SA is always a good thing!

Hey - i think your best bet will be a department store like Saks, Neiman Marcus, or bloomingdales.

These places will ship to you if they have what you are looking for; and you might even be able to save on tax if the store doesn't have a physical location in your state.

Let me know if you need an SA at NM or Bloomingdales to inquire about availability, and i'm sure some of the lovely ladies can help you out with Saks and/or boutique contacts.

Boutiques also don't ship classics (not sure if they will ship the bag you are looking for).

A lot of great information, thank you so much! I will definitely try NM and Saks first.

I think it depends on the SA and if you're lucky you end up with a good one. There are some who go above and beyond for old and new customers, and there are others who don't care or are rude to everyone period. There's no guarantee the in store SA will look for the bag for you unfortunately. Have you posted in the help me find thread? You can also go to the recommended SAs thread as well because those are the ones whom other TPFers have worked with and have had great experiences with. Also if you are in the US, you can call the 1800 number and I find the reps there always patient and fairly helpful. They can search the specific boutique inventory for you and tell you which dept store has ordered a bag (although not location specific inventory).

Try calling a few stores. When I do they are always very helpful!