Difficult choice

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Fellow LV Collectors I'm hoping you can help me with a difficult decision. My husband is buying me a bag for my birthday ( it was yesterday), but I can't decide between the Speedy 30 in damier ebene OR the Sully MM. I know they are completely different bags, but which should I get first? I will likely get the other choice this Spring/Summer.

I don't care for the Speedy b, personally. TIA for your comments and help with my decision!

P.S. I plan on using this as an everyday bag. I work from home so I don't need any particular style of bag.

Last edited:
I work from home, so I don't need a particular style of bag. I was hoping some of you who have one, or both of these bags could offer some input/advice sharing what you love or don't care for about these two distinctly different choices. Thanks!

Sully would be nice to just throw over your shoulder . DE is more carefree for rainy days . Do you want a monogram bag more or a Damier ?
I don't have a preference as to whether I get a monogram or damier ebene bag right now. I love both and the Sully has very little vachetta to worry about since that's my main reason for steering away from mono. I had the Palermo p.m., and while it was a pretty bag when it was brand new, it didn't look as nice after carrying it for a short time, and I am Not hard on my bags!

Sully would be nice to just throw over your shoulder . DE is more carefree for rainy days . Do you want a monogram bag more or a Damier ?
I don't have a preference as to whether I get a monogram or damier ebene bag right now. I love both and the Sully has very little vachetta to worry about since that's my main reason for steering away from mono. I had the Palermo p.m., and while it was a pretty bag when it was brand new, it didn't look as nice after carrying it for a short time, and I am Not hard on my bags!

I would go with the speedy. I have many speedy's and a sully, and I just don't really love the sully anymore. I find that it slouches weird, and the zipper is really hard to open and close. The really thick leather strap also isn't the most comfortable.

Thanks, everyone! I went with the Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene and am completely confident in my choice. It is a gorgeous bag and I can't wait to start carrying it! The advice/input from members on this site is extremely helpful. It's always nice to have feedback from others who also appreciate and understand the need for quality pieces and a little everyday luxury.

Thanks, everyone! I went with the Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene and am completely confident in my choice. It is a gorgeous bag and I can't wait to start carrying it! The advice/input from members on this site is extremely helpful. It's always nice to have feedback from others who also appreciate and understand the need for quality pieces and a little everyday luxury.

Big congrats on your decision. Sorry I couldn't chime in as I don't own either handbag. I think you're going to be really happy with your choice! :yes: